Transformers: EarthSpark

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I beg your pardon?

I just mean it's a rumor from a web page. Could be true, could be not.

-ZacWilliam, no particular beef with Sieb, I just would probably say the same for any web sourced rumor that wasn't from like Hasbro or JTPrime.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
As long as they actually AIR the second season, I don't care if they cancel it.

No, that's a lie. I'm thoroughly enjoying the series, and want to see it succeed. So long as they don't disappear made content because "reasons".

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I expect they did a series order for 52 eps and will likely divide them up into smaller chunks to be called seasons, thou that is merely a guess, but then, I haven't been watching the show and not really feeling attracted to it in general, but if it ends after season 2, then Hasbro will likely have whatever replaces it, look similar to TF one as they hope that film is a major hit with kids, as that is the primary market they need to be focusing on, not just adult collectors and other unimportant nonsance that plauging western entertainment, right now!

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Let's see, if true*** that means "Earthspark" would be the second Paramount+/Nickelodeon to be cancelled before/while it's second* season starts/is in production.

It breaks the unwritten "3 Season" rule most shows** end at.

And whose to say the "cancelation" isn't just a re-branding to ride the coat tails of "Transformers One"? Same show/cast, but incorporating elements from "One".

*"Star trek Prodigy" being the first.
**Rescue Bots being the outlier.
***I trust seibertron about as far as I can throw my Oldsmobile.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It's a rumor from Siebertron, not exactly the gold standard for truth.
so-sayweall-battlestart-galactica.gif

The Phazer

Citizen
Given the instability at Paramount and Hasbro it wouldn't be a shock if Season 2 was the last one to be honest, which doesn't really reflect on the show one way or the other.

(Personally I think it suffers from being a bit slow and pondering for it's target audience, but that's probably true of every TF show since Animated.)

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It breaks the unwritten "3 Season" rule most shows** end at.
Hmm...

G1: 5 seasons (technically, but that has a few asterisks of its own)
G2: 2
Beast Wars: 3
Beast Machines: 2
Robots in Disguise 2001: 1
Armada: 1
Energon: 1
Cybertron: 1
Animated: 3
Prime: 3
Rescue Bots: 4 (BOOYAH)
Robots in Disguise Deuce: 3
Rescue Bots: Academy: 2
Cyberverse: 4
Earthspark: 2(?)

...do we count the Machinima stuff? If we do, how do we count them? Six series, or two series of three seasons?

Anyway, of the 15 series named, only 4 ended at the 3-season mark, or 26.6666667%.

Also, not trying to call you out on that or anything, I was genuinely curious what the statistic is.

(And say what you want about including G2, but since it was just G1 retreads, they clearly had enough to go three or more seasons if they wanted to, and it brought the number to a nice, round 15 series.)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
...do we count the Machinima stuff? If we do, how do we count them? Six series, or two series of three seasons?
Machinima only made the Prime Wars Trilogy. The War For Cybertron Trilogy was made by Rooster Teeth. Both shows were three seasons each. They weren't one show.

And you forgot BotBots: 1 season.

Last edited:

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Given the instability at Paramount and Hasbro it wouldn't be a shock if Season 2 was the last one to be honest, which doesn't really reflect on the show one way or the other.

(Personally I think it suffers from being a bit slow and pondering for it's target audience, but that's probably true of every TF show since Animated.)

Slow and pondering is not how I'd describe Cyberverse. The 11-minute episode format really didn't allow for it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Machinima only made the Prime Wars Trilogy. The War For Cybertron Trilogy was made by Rooster Teeth. Both shows were three seasons each. They weren't one show.

And you forgot BotBots: 1 season.
I mean, Machinima was acquired by Warner Bros. and their stuff was folded into Rooster Teeth, also acquired by Warner Bros., and that included Prime Wars Trilogy. Plus, both were done under FJ Desanto...

Anyway, I wasn't saying they were one show, but asking of they count as six series (Combiner Wars, Titans Return, & Power of the Primes, and Siege, Earthrise, & Kingdom), or two (Prime Wars and War for Cybertron) with three seasons each.

And if it's the latter, would that mean that Armada, Energon, and Cybertron should count as one show with three seasons (adding one more to that total)?

And yeah, totally forgot BotBots. I must have missed it on the TFWiki list, my bad.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'll give you season 1 feeling empty. Season two and beyond are absolutely crammed full of characters and action and story.

ZacWilliam, S1's a whole different animal from the rest of the series in cast and plot.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Each of the trilogies would actually be counted as a single series order, they may of been divided into "Seasons" but at the end of the day, they are still the same production and were worked on as a single batch order

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's completely unsubstantiated but I wouldn't be surprised.

It may not even be that EarthSpark is failing. If Hasbro has high confidence in TFOne and wants to shift gears to a cartoon in that universe, I don't blame them. It's a good move.

Top Bottom