Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seinfeld viewed today instead of during it's actual run is one of those shows that suffers from being so imitated. It's style and formula (following awful people around and watching them navigate bizarre situations in both an A and B plot that intersected by the end of the episode) have been repeated many, many times now. While they weren't really the first to do either of those things, the show definitely felt very "fresh and different" at the time, as opposed to now where it feels like very well-worn territory.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I wasn't familiar with the Thunder Machine before, but that's actually pretty cool.

I think it definitely helps that it already shares a major color (dark blue) with Soundwave, so it doesn't have the same "Transformer wearing pieces of the vehicle as armor" look that Bumblebee and Megatron both had.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What's funny is that this figure's robot mode has certain details (or a lack thereof) that makes it look even more cartoon-accurate than the Netflix Soundwave figure.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Soundwave Dreadnok Thunder Machine from Transformers X GI joe (15)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Soundwave Dreadnok Thunder Machine from Transformers X GI joe (14)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Soundwave Dreadnok Thunder Machine from Transformers X GI joe (13)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Soundwave Dreadnok Thunder Machine from Transformers X GI joe (12)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Soundwave Dreadnok Thunder Machine from Transformers X GI joe (11)__scaled_600.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had the OG as a kid, so I'm kinda wanting this. Especially now that I'm older and appreciate the Thunder Machine's design.

Kinda too bad they put Thrasher in the trasher, though. I guess he's probably off driving the original that Soundwave scanned.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do wonder if the human figures can do the color-change trick. That would certainly get my attention. I'm still sticker-shocked at the prior two, though, and something as big as the Thunder Machine appears to be in what I looked up with two O-ring figures probably is going to be the most expensive of all, especially with a reused MP mold cassette in the mix. Too bad comics-color Ratbat was an exclusive, because I doubt the price will drop any at this point either.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always loved Zartan growing up but never owned him. I did have some Dreadnoks, but not Zartan himself. This vehicle was always one I wanted, but never was able to get when I was into Joe back in the 80's. Soundwave is probably my favorite Transformers character so I'm sure I'll be snagging this one as well. I have kept my Megatron/Baronesses in-box on display in my living room. Once Soundwave arrives, I might pop him open so I can get a whole display of Joes going.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
"Dreadnoks"

Anyway - he is very tempting. That being said, I already have an original Thunder Machine and HISS Megs really bummed me out. Maybe earrings Zarana (the earlier, "prettier" version) might have pushed me over the top, but even then I think I'll pass.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's right! Thanks Dake. It's been a while since I've Joe'd. ;)
I corrected my post.

Top Bottom