Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ayo brochachos!

From the front page:
Stranger Things x Transformers Code Red - Package 3.jpg
Stranger Things x Transformers Code Red 1.jpg
Stranger Things x Transformers Code Red 2.jpg

Transformers Collaborative Stranger Things x Transformers Code Red

(Ages 8 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $44.99 | Available: Late 2023)

The worlds of Transformers robots and Stranger Things collide with the Stranger Things x Transformers Code Red mash-up pack! Transformers robots have always been More Than Meets the Eye. Now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality. As seen in the Netflix series, Stranger Things, Code Red 6.5-inch figure converts from robot to Surfer Boy pizza van mode in 16 steps, featuring screen-accurate deco and details. You can count on Code Red to deliver your food – or firepower – in 30 minutes or less.

This pack comes with show-inspired accessories including a bat, axe, Surfer Boy pizza blaster, pizza box, and blast effect accessories. Packaging is designed to look like a pizza box based on the Surfer Boy pizza from the show.

Rycochet

Citizen
That Stranger Things crossover bot is GoBot-y and I mean that in the best possible way. The silver head with the goggles, for one thing, that is straight out of the second and third years of GoBots, as is the utterly mundane alt form. Transformers skewed toward dream cars and futurism, but GoBots had things like garbage trucks, mopeds and forklifts. I could totally see a pizza van as part of that.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still haven't watched Stranger Things (looks interesting but I haven't been able to talk the "scary show" averse wife into watching it), but I love that Transformer. That is a definite buy from me. Alt mode and robot mode are just top notch, and I love "everyday vehicle" alt modes like that.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Transformers X Stranger Things Collab

Autobot Code Red
View attachment 15343

Apparently one was given away at SDCC through a "wheel spin" prize giveaway.
Official description below:

-
Retail Price: $44.99 USD

Release Date: Late 2023

The worlds of Transformers robots and Stranger Things collide with the Stranger Things x Transformers Code Red mash-up pack! Transformers robots have always been More Than Meets the Eye. Now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality. As seen in the Netflix series, Stranger Things, Code Red 6.5-inch figure converts from robot to Surfer Boy pizza van mode in 16 steps, featuring screen-accurate deco and details. You can count on Code Red to deliver your food – or firepower – in 30 minutes or less.

This pack comes with show-inspired accessories including a bat, axe, Surfer Boy pizza blaster, pizza box, and blast effect accessories. Packaging is designed to look like a pizza box based on the Surfer Boy pizza from the show.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was limited to the US and a handful of other countries, like most of the other crossover TFs have been. In Japan, we didn't get most of them.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I've watched (and liked) all of Stranger Things except the most recent season which featured this truck.

But it's a new character and they turn into an alt-mode we've never had before, that's plenty good enough for me.

-ZacWilliam, wish we got more "everyday" alt modes too. I'd kill for a Taxi, Mail Truck and School bus.

Dake

Citizen
Stranger Things is great for those of us that grew up during that time period. I believe it stands on its own even without the nostalgia glasses, but I also wouldn't really know any different.

That being said, this is fun and it's crazy that they got a licensed VW microbus for this, but not for any of the toy versions of RotB Wheeljack.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Stranger Things is great for those of us that grew up during that time period. I believe it stands on its own even without the nostalgia glasses, but I also wouldn't really know any different.
I'm neither an '80s kid nor a fan of the horror genre in general, yet I genuinely really like Stranger Things.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I appreciate it for what it is, and props for official VW branding.

But I’m still over here, holding my candle for a transforming Owlbear…

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"Give a hoot, don't pollute! Or I swear, I will take these giant claws and I will tear you a whole new-"

-Woodsy Owl's catchphrase had to be edited a bit before the Forest Service gave its approval.

Honestly, I never before realized that owl + bear = ground sloth, weird...

Top Bottom