Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I feel kinda dumb, when I first saw the release on Pulse I thought it was all four separate turtles that combined into one van. I realized $50 was a really good price, but, I dunno, maybe my brain thought they were Legends-sized or something. In retrospect, yeah, all four combining into a van would cost $200+. Like Dake, it's fun, but I'd want all four not just one, so won't be getting the one.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Goddamit man, this is all their theme song is about.
Several of their theme songs, even!

Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, jack!)
Raphael is cool but rude (Gimmie a break!)
Michelangelo is a party dude (Party!)
1! Leonardo's always in control.
2! The wise guy is Michelangelo.
3! Donatello, he's the brains of the bunch.
4! Count on Raphael to throw the first punch!
Leonardo's the leader in blue,
Does anything it takes to get his ninjas through.
Donatello is a fellow, has a way with machines.
Raphael has the most attitude on the team.
Michelangelo! He's one of a kind,
And you know just where to find him when it's party time!
Master Splinter taught them every single skill they need
To be one lean, mean, green incredible team!

Left out the Rise theme since it's lyrics are more vague in their description of Leo and Mikey, saying things that could instead apply to any of the Turtles.

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Given how terrible the names have been when they're not just direct references to the property (i.e. Gigawatt) I would suspect it's all a rights issue; any name Hasbro slaps onto these figures needs to be something they wouldn't slap onto one of their own figures, so they wind up being derivative and lame. At least that's my guess.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, had there been a fourth live-action movie back in the '90s, it would have introduced a fifth turtle named after a 20th century artist: Kirby
...okay, I can work with that one.
Assuming they're referring to Jack "King" Kirby.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One criticism on the toy itself: I do wish that the front of the van didn't parts-form off to make a shield.
Can't you just leave it on?
Okay, whoever wrote the front page article for Party Whallop has disappointed me.

This is based on the 1987 Turtles, so instead of Booyakasha (which is mostly used for the 2012 Turtles), you should have said Cowabunga!

Back on topic: Man, as I was a TMNT fanatic as a kid, I am so getting this (however, I am not that insane a fanatic to get four).
I hope my Fanstream recap was more acceptable in that regard. XD

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

I'm actually not normally a big proponent of electronics in toys, but it'd be kind of cool if the K.I.T.T. had the scanning red light on the front.

Echowarrior

Citizen
So Vincent Van Gogh wasn't a great man?
I'm not saying he isn't. But comparatively speaking, you hear more about him than you do Jack Kirby.

And that's the last I'm going to say on this subject, because I am sick and tired of the taste of my own foot. Not to mention feeling like I'm being bullied. I feel too much like I'm being bullied, then I contemplate things that I'd rather not contemplate.

Top Bottom