Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm not saying he isn't. But comparatively speaking, you hear more about him than you do Jack Kirby.

And that's the last I'm going to say on this subject, because I am sick and tired of the taste of my own foot. Not to mention feeling like I'm being bullied. I feel too much like I'm being bullied, then I contemplate things that I'd rather not contemplate.

Not bullying, just trying to figure out how one non-renaissance artist got an exception over another.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He was also the hero of Eastman and Laird (among others, of course), and who they named their concept of a fifth turtle who never materialized after.

He was also featured as a character (in homage to the real one, of course) in a Donatello one-shot, where he discovers a crystal that he ties to his pencil, allowing whatever he draws to become real before it poofs off into another dimension. He and Donny wind up visiting through a portal he'd drawn.

Funny thing is, I never read that comic -- not for a while, anyway (I don't remember if I ever did). Rather, they adapted it into a storybook I had:

1711858062760.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
He was also featured as a character (in homage to the real one, of course) in a Donatello one-shot, where he discovers a crystal that he ties to his pencil, allowing whatever he draws to become real before it poofs off into another dimension. He and Donny wind up visiting through a portal he'd drawn.

Funny thing is, I never read that comic -- not for a while, anyway (I don't remember if I ever did). Rather, they adapted it into a storybook I had:
And it was adapted into an episode of the 2003 cartoon, titled "The King", in which Kirby was voiced by Mike "Dr. Eggman" Pollock.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And it was adapted into an episode of the 2003 cartoon, titled "The King", in which Kirby was voiced by Mike "Dr. Eggman" Pollock.
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. I loved that episode as a result.

What's funny about the storybooks is that, IIRC, the rest were all based on episodes of the '80s cartoon.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I really haven't been that interested in these collabs for a while... neither of the Jurassic park ones even came out at my local Tru... likely do to how poorly the xjet sold. which come to think of it, is likely why I've only seen the Joe ones at Gamestop.

I think I'd have maybe went in on this if they'd done 2 2-packs and gone to the trouble of molding the 'turtle parts' to be the different skin colors the old toys had... instead of just swap-able masks.

I hope the KnightRider one turns out to be a volvo Prime repaint based on the Truck that had the team base in it. XD LOL and they toss in a Black Cliffjumper remold as Kit so it can fit in the back.

Dake

Citizen
Hmmm... would Earthrise Runabout fit in the Prime Trailer? It almost works.

But yeah, I doubt Hasbro would do that - if nothing else it's hard to imagine the rights holder being ok with a car mode that looked so far off.

If they did make the Knight Industries truck with a smaller KITT that actually looks right, I'd pull the trigger.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. I loved that episode as a result.

What's funny about the storybooks is that, IIRC, the rest were all based on episodes of the '80s cartoon.

Two of them definitely were, though I don't remember them having Ray Filet in the '80s cartoon. Then again, it's been forever since I've seen the '80s cartoon. Is there a Ninja Turtles Wiki?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If they did make the Knight Industries truck with a smaller KITT that actually looks right, I'd pull the trigger.

I know they won't, but I would be totally down for a Core-class K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. duo. I feel like they could fit really well with my Gobots, Convertors, and small Transformers. (Also, there is a Convertor with a Firebird vehicle mode, already, so that would be kind of fun!)

In the spirit of the holiday...

3ZzZeFLl.jpg
EdJuyIkl.jpg
6Dw0odrl.jpg

DO IT YOU COWARDS

I would have to buy all of these; K.A.R.R. should absolutely have an Optimus-lookalike head (and not Goliath, just to subvert expectations).

Incidentally, there is a Knight Rider Historian group that posts on YouTube; they recently found and are restoring the original FLAG trailer. This summer (I think), they are planning to haul a show K.I.T.T in it and jump a second stunt K.I.T.T.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Two of them definitely were, though I don't remember them having Ray Filet in the '80s cartoon. Then again, it's been forever since I've seen the '80s cartoon. Is there a Ninja Turtles Wiki?
Oh, my bad, then. I couldn't remember the fourth, but I thought I remembered it being another cartoon one.

Though yes, in some sort of roundabout maybe technical way, Ray Fillet was in the cartoon... or rather, half of him was: the "Ray" part.

Via Turtlepedia:

1712038941903.png

That was one of my least-favorite things about the cartoon: turning all these heroes I knew and grew to love from the Archie comics and the toys into villains.

Bet if Jagwar and Dreadmon had been brought over, they'd have been used as villains, too.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be fair, this along with the Delorean and the Turtle Van must have always been in the top 5 most popular hoped-for Transformers/other property crossover offerings.

Now, if they make the DuckTales and Darkwing ones...

Last edited:

Top Bottom