Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Axaday

Citizen
The next closest republican primary candidate is so far in the toilet that they wouldn't win against hillary, or a pet rock. And that's largely because the cult absolutely will not vote for them anyway. It literally does not matter who the republicans send as a candidate: they will not win the general election. They can't, they put so much on trump and his disgusting cult of personality that the magaists won't vote for any other polished turd.
It is likely you are right. In his infinitesimal wisdom, Trump has sidelined a whole party. But I do still think if the timing hits right when it becomes obvious to the people who matter that Trump is not capable of fielding a campaign when it counts, DeSantis might be able to capture his fire.

Axaday

Citizen
Is Mike Pence in this because he likes to campaign and there are enough donors to make it possible for him to have a little more fun before going into retirement? I can't believe that he thinks any constituency is possible for the guy who both legitimized Trump's 2016 campaign AND failed to get the alternate electors to the table in 2020.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It is likely you are right. In his infinitesimal wisdom, Trump has sidelined a whole party. But I do still think if the timing hits right when it becomes obvious to the people who matter that Trump is not capable of fielding a campaign when it counts, DeSantis might be able to capture his fire.
Desantis is flailing badly, hemorrhaging campaign workers and major donours. Trump could drop dead and desantis's campaign will still fizzle out after the first debate because he is incapable of hiding the facts that he's a bad impersonation of a human, a power hungry psychopath, and possibly the single most awkward creature to ever tread upon the national stage.

Trump will spend the last legs of his presidential campaign in one court room or another, and the republican's plan B is a dead ringer for a cyanide pill. Republican voters are only like 30 something percent of the population, and pretty much split right down the center cause of the maga cult. If they pull a moderate: they lose the cult voters whom will write in trump regardless. If they pick someone MORE trump than trump... they still lose the cult cause they won't vote for anyone else, and they'll lose the few moderates still on the fence (of which there aren't many left now, and continued fascist goose steps will drive the few whom remain to the left.).

It does not MATTER whom the republicans field; They cannot win the general election... unless democrats get so complacent in their rivals that they don't show up to vote. The only way republicans get back into to power in this decade is apathy.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

Aw, man! I was really looking forward to seeing that Large, Complex, Detailed but Irrefutable REPORT on the Presidential Election Fraud which took place in Georgia that is almost complete and CONCLUSIVE and will bring complete EXONERATION, which totally exists, for real, you guys! This is an even bigger disappointment than the time this kid in school whose uncle worked for Nintendo was going to show us the super secret Mario game they were working on but then his uncle lost the cartridge so he couldn't bring it in but trust him, he got to play it and it was SO AWESOME!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
“On advice of his legal council” he says. *chortle*

His lawyers were probably like:
”For the love of GOD, don’t dig this shit hole any deeper than you already have, you orange leathered man-child!” But probably more condescending so Trumpy wouldn’t get his feelings hurt.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
No, no, he won't be able to publish it then because the VERY CROOKED and DERANGED WITCH HUNT will stop him and he'll be too busy WINNING BIGLY to have time for it.

Axaday

Citizen

Aw, man! I was really looking forward to seeing that Large, Complex, Detailed but Irrefutable REPORT on the Presidential Election Fraud which took place in Georgia that is almost complete and CONCLUSIVE and will bring complete EXONERATION, which totally exists, for real, you guys! This is an even bigger disappointment than the time this kid in school whose uncle worked for Nintendo was going to show us the super secret Mario game they were working on but then his uncle lost the cartridge so he couldn't bring it in but trust him, he got to play it and it was SO AWESOME!
I told my wife this last night. He can't release it because they'll need it in court. But no worries! The Georgia trail will be televised. We will eventually get to see it.

Axaday

Citizen
Desantis is flailing badly, hemorrhaging campaign workers and major donours. Trump could drop dead and desantis's campaign will still fizzle out after the first debate because he is incapable of hiding the facts that he's a bad impersonation of a human, a power hungry psychopath, and possibly the single most awkward creature to ever tread upon the national stage.
You probably recall that I grew up in a Republican home. At this point in 2007, the only part of the Republican platform that I still cared about was abortion and it pretty much looked like Rudy Giuliani was going to be the Republican candidate and he was ProChoice. So I bought Obama's book to start finding out about that guy instead. Rudy was gone in December because of a scandal that looks incredibly trivial now. So it really is early, historically. But I don't discount your analysis of how Trump has changed things.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Speaking of Rudy…turns out lying for a narcissist with a history of not paying anyone isn’t a good idea. He’s broke:

Axaday

Citizen
I have mused several times, especially right after 2020 election that Giuliani made his bones taking down the mobs and then ran for mayor of NYC and won and had what I have believed was a good reputation of cleaning up NYC. He was pretty widely hailed as a hero in the aftermath of 9/11 and went into retirement on that wave.

His 2008 Presidential bid can easily be overlooked. When he suddenly reemerged as Trump's sleazy lawyer it seemed like such a shame. I'm sure it was always in him and I'm sure keener eyes saw it, but obviously the guy had no notion of how to quit when you are ahead. I just watched an interview with his mayoral campaign manager on CNN and it comes plainly on the screen that this guy is really sad to see how Rudy decayed. He totally blames Trump's corrupting influence.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

So Trump's legal defense griftfund site got hacked on Friday and is still up...

9be0a1fac48ac65d.png

If you want to see the pre-hack version for comparison: https://web.archive.org/web/20230803025233/https://patriotlegaldefensefund.com/

Top Bottom