Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ironbite4

Citizen
Keep in mind he's the one who broke this news.

Ironbite-cause in his mind, it means they can't do anything to him.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
While I love that it might have happened: only trump has reported it, and he's a serial liar and conman. It's (as of my last bout with the news.) uncorroborated.

Until the DOJ, or an actual legal department from somewhere in the US reports it: I'll take my schadenfreude with a grain of salt.

Edit: beau of the fifth is claiming that CNN and NBC have confirmed it.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
There is still a process associated with it, and it won't be short. Actions taken depend entirely on what trump does or does not do.

Personally, I hope the fat orange fucker decides to run: and they can put out an international warrant for his ass.

Ironbite4

Citizen
I do wonder if Putin'll protect him though.

Ironbite-considering he's hugged all of Putin's world domination plans up 7 ways to Sunday.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
He might. Trump's still plenty useful for sowing division in the U.S. Of course, the second that stops, Donnie's getting served a Polonium Coke.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
No one will listen to his "president in exile" bullshit from russia if he doesn't even get to run in the republican primaries. Some of the charges he could potentially face do indeed carry 14th amendment exclusions. Depending on what we hear on tuesday: he could very well not even be able to run for county dog catcher.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
No one will listen to his "president in exile" bullshit from russia if he doesn't even get to run in the republican primaries. Some of the charges he could potentially face do indeed carry 14th amendment exclusions. Depending on what we hear on tuesday: he could very well not even be able to run for county dog catcher.
That said, I wouldn't at all mind if he refuses to let that stop him from trying, and his supporters are too stubborn to vote for anyone else. I still mean what I said back in 2016—even if it seems like we've got an easy win on our hands, merely losing is too good for who we're up against; they deserve nothing less than to be buried in a humiliating landslide.

Ironbite4

Citizen
We've got the inditement unsealed folks and it's...37 counts.

And have some pictures.

FyM3c0AWYAIlt8j

FyM3c0LWIBEj4g8

FyM3c0FWwAA7zbq

FyM3c0BWIBs3kiz

Ironbite-and Judge Aileen Cannon has been initally assigned the case until a more component and less Trump biased judge can be found.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Holy shit. Are all of those boxes just classified documents??? Even if they weren't, those photos look like an episode of Hoarders.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I'm as keen to see Trump behind bars as the next never-Trumper, but I know that's not terribly likely. All I really need is for some legal result to have such impact that Trump finds himself unable to run for President again. Beyond that, it's gravy.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The obstruction charges alone will preclude him running again.

Or so I've heard, dunno if that's true.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I half hope that it doesn't, because if Trump and DeSantis both try to run, it'll split the Republican vote and likely block both of them. But on the other hand, I want him to hurry up and go to jail already so we can stop hearing about the latest smoking gun every few days.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I half hope that it doesn't, because if Trump and DeSantis both try to run, it'll split the Republican vote and likely block both of them.
Not going to happen. Even if we posited the unlikely chance that the loser of the primary decided to run in the general election as an Independent (and that would be Desantis, not Trump, let's be clear), the "conservative" vote goes to Trump, with very little splitting off going to DeSantis.

Top Bottom