Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I don't think the DOJ needs a plea deal for a sure thing. Not when the defendant openly, repeatedly and confirmed through multiple sources admits to the crime.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
A plea deal would never happen anyway, because it would require Trump to admit, in at least some capacity, that he did something wrong. And even if he did it, he'd be right back on social media crying about how he was coerced into it and it's all a witch hunt and hey can I have fifty bucks for legal fees.

Axaday

Citizen
There's a reason why they quit. Bet you anything they're gonna be called as witnesses for the government and client-attorney privilege don't count when your client WANTS YOU to do dirty crimes.

Ironbite-yeah that's a thing.
I didn't consider that. But I still stand by what I said. If you've been having to do depositions establishing the guilt of your client and now he is being indicted, NOW is not a logical time to quit being his lawyer. NOW is quite late.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Likely yes, on the federal charges at least. It will be a jury trial, though, so there's always the chance that the jury will find him guilty in spite of the judge in question.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Cannon's not going to be the final judge assigned to this case. Her history of bias is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to strong.

Ironbite-Federal prosecutors will probably get a new judge.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
What's funny to me is that even if he's right and Trump can legally declassify top secret documents without going through any kind of formal process and then store them in an outhouse, they apparently have no problem with such recklessness. They still think he's just swell and implicitly trust him with our national security.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The cult believes their orange god can do no wrong. Whether the GOP is part of the cult or just currying their favor for votes is probably down to individuals, but they're all interested in keeping their power, which means keeping the mob pointed at the other guys.

And of course, plenty of them also just want to throw shade at the Biden administration for the next election cycle; Biden may not actually have anything to do with the trials, but facts and logic don't really matter in the face of overwhelming outrage and stupidity.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
If Trump does go to jail before the election, I'll be interested to see if any of the candidates promise to issue a pardon for him when they get elected in an attempt to get Trump's supporters to vote for them.
We'll be lucky if any of the trials conclude before the election, regardless of verdict or sentencing.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Even leaving aside the knee-jerk defense of Trump, if we were to follow Jordan's logic, it would be impossible to accuse any President of wrongdoing. Whatever one thinks of the utility of impeachment, the fact that the process exists demonstrates that the founders considered it possible for a President to go bad.

Remember the founders, GOP? Those folks you supposedly hold in such high esteem?

Axaday

Citizen
What's funny to me is that even if he's right and Trump can legally declassify top secret documents without going through any kind of formal process and then store them in an outhouse, they apparently have no problem with such recklessness. They still think he's just swell and implicitly trust him with our national security.
Yeah, he's the freaking President of the United States. He would know if janitors should be reading about France's nuclear arsenal.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
Cannon's not going to be the final judge assigned to this case. Her history of bias is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to strong.

Ironbite-Federal prosecutors will probably get a new judge.
doj has like a 97% conviction rate. they aren't gonna let this loose cannon screw that up

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
It's not that crazy when all the media they consume is telling them that Trump did nothing wrong and the DOJ is being weaponized against Biden's enemies. Why would they change what they believe when Fox News and other outlets are reinforcing the right-wing fantasy?

Axaday

Citizen
Trump is even saying that pics DOJ got from his employees' phones were planted by the FBI months afterward.

Top Bottom