Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Only a civil suit. Which was preceded by the judge making the jury anonymous because everyone knows what would happen if the cult got a hold of their names, and started with the judge warning against inciting anything on social media. Oh, and Trump himself hasn't actually shown up in person for it. Legally, in a civil suit, he's not required to appear (and, let's face it, keeping him away is probably the best course for his own lawyers, he'd incriminate himself the first time he opened his face hole), but it sets a bad image to show that he doesn't care enough about it. His lawyer tried to file some absurd notion that Trump was staying away to not disrupt the city too much, or because the city wouldn't provide enough security, and that the jury should be told not to hold it against him, but the judge dismissed all of that on the grounds that the real reason he's not showing is that he had rallies planned on other states at the same time.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
"She said it was very sexy to be raped."

Literally what Trump said about E. Jean Carroll during his deposition. It's a complete farce that most people don't take this trial seriously and don't think he should be convicted. If the justice system actually were actually blind to status and power as it's supposed to be, he would be so completely fucked.

Teufel

Citizen
Trump agrees to a presidential town hall on CNN next week in New Hampshire, hosted by Kaitlan Collins taking Q's from Republicans and undeclared voters who plan to participate in the primary voting.

Would really like to know what the compelling pitch was. I don't think Trump should be blocked off from these kind of events as he is a candidate and likely GOP nominee. But if it's just Collins being a passive host and letting Trump ramble on in response to the participants with no corrections, that would probably be a bad idea. Guess we'll see.

The town hall will stream live for pay TV subscribers via CNN.com and CNN OTT and mobile apps under “TV Channels,” or CNNgo where available. The town hall will also be available On Demand beginning Thursday, May 11 to pay TV subscribers via CNN.com, CNN apps, and Cable Operator Platforms.

I assume there will be ways to watch this if you want, but it makes it sound like it will be subscribers only. These kind of events should be provided to all Americans for free, even if they are potential misguided trainwrecks.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Would really like to know what the compelling pitch was.
They would pitch softball questions and not refer to any of his current and ongoing legal and civil litigation. I guarantee that's the catch. They'll probably let him ramble as much as he likes and humour his insanity.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Would really like to know what the compelling pitch was.

Chris Licht was installed as president of CNN by David Zaslav and set on the fool's errand of chasing after the Fox viewers who wouldn't watch them if it was the only channel on their TV. Also, Caitlin Collins was hired away by CNN from Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller, so she might be a wee bit biased.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Great. So Fox News tries to distance themselves from Trump and in return CNN starts courting him.

Equivalent exchange is a bitch.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
CNN has been trending towards the right for a while now, and it's working about as well for them as you can expect: not at all. Their still slowly losing viewers to literally everyone else while they refuse to find a demographic to appeal to.

It's shame that "The facts as learned" isn't a draw for news media anymore.

Axaday

Citizen
So. One of the pieces of Trump's defamation was to respond to her rape allegations with "She's not my type", which is weird all on its own because if you would never rape someone the response is "I am not that kind of person" but if you would rape some people the response is "She's not my type."

But weirder is that he was shown a picture of himself with her in deposition to refute his claim that he never met her and he identifies her in the picture as Marla, his second wife. Who......also isn't his type, I guess?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It never was. The general public have always preferred a juicy story that's complete horseshit over boring facts. It's only when news outlets have been forced, by law, to report the truth that they would reliably do so.

Cybersnark

Citizen
It never was. The general public have always preferred a juicy story that's complete horseshit over boring facts. It's only when news outlets have been forced, by law, to report the truth that they would reliably do so.

"If I hate the headline I'll make up a headline and I'll say anything I haf' ta."

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Trump's been slapped with a gag order for the criminal hush money trial against him. He can't talk or post on social media about it at all without incurring a charge of contempt:
It will be interesting to see how long it takes him to violate that...

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
When all available evidence tells him he'll never face consequences for anything he does, why wouldn't he keep doing whatever he wants?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He'll just pay the 5 milli and keep on gropin'. Hoping for more satisfaction from future court proceedings.

Top Bottom