Thundercats - General Discussion (and some Silverhawks too, whynot)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I can't seem to find it on Amazon. I also don't have a comic shop near me anymore. So if anyone can find it on Amazon, please link?

Dake

Citizen
Looks like S7 might be doing the Silverhawks' Copper Kid and his space racer?

425861617_798653168973643_5721630788200368348_n.jpg

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This comic is it's own universe, not really connected to anything else. But, I do think it expects you to be familiar with Thundercats as a concept. Because, it's not really exploring or elaborating on a lot of these ideas in this first issue. It summarizes things, but it's not really building up the world or anything right now.

Also, yeah, I'm not sure if it did release digitally today or not? This reddit thread has a few people who can't find it either, but one person says it's released?
reddit.com/r/Thundercats/comments/1aizc89/will_it_be_released_digitally/

So, if it DID release today, they made it pretty hard to find. And it's not really a publisher thing, because I checked and all the Gargoyles comics, which Dynamite also does, are up to date and up on Amazon. So, I'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Pumyra needs to be redeemed. I love the 2011 series and I do think the creators really got screwed out of a second season. But the way the first season ended really did Pumyra dirty.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm sorta ok with Pumyra being evil (and dying as bug mutation). Just a little weird that that version of Lion-O romances Wilykit after a time skip. And their Bengali would be Cheetara and Tigra's son.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh, it was stuff for season 2 that the writer confirmed that they would do.

There's an article with Pumyra's death and the time skip but it's missing stuff.

This video might have the other details, like Slythe killing Lynx-O but apparently Slythe's race was abused and he'd die on the side of good. And the final twist being Snarf as the genetic code for the Thundercat race or something.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wave 5 of SilverHawks ULTIMATES are going up for PreOrder. It's just Copper Kidd and his Space Racer vehicle. If you order both from Super7, they'll include a bonus accessory and "winking" head sculpt for Copper Kidd.
I'm torn on committing $205 for both (still got to worry about Omega Prime!), but I also REALLY want that winking head sculpt too. Might just have to settle on the single release Copper Kidd.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen

I dont have space or money for the Space Racer, but Copperkid looks fantastic! Shame about the winking face tho.

Caldwin

Citizen
Oh, it was stuff for season 2 that the writer confirmed that they would do.

There's an article with Pumyra's death and the time skip but it's missing stuff.

This video might have the other details, like Slythe killing Lynx-O but apparently Slythe's race was abused and he'd die on the side of good. And the final twist being Snarf as the genetic code for the Thundercat race or something.

Wow! Someone on the production team must've hated Pumyra. That's disappointing. Andyeah, Kit being queen feels kinda...eww.

Still, the rest could've been interesting.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hmm, interesting designs. Not quite sure how I like them. Tygra and Wilykit in particular were kind of...odd. But the story was good. It takes me back to the old series. It's interesting enough I'll surly subscribe.

Caldwin

Citizen
So, one thing I do like about Amazon digital comics. The cover is usually the main cover, but you still get the other alt-covers by way of a gallery at the end of the issue.

IMG_2406.png

Here's the main cover. I think I've made up my mind. I like the designs for Cheetara and Lion-O. Panthro and Wilykat seem the least changed. I'm honestly not liking Tigra and Wilykit's designs.

IMG_2407.png

I can't really put my finger on it, but something about Mummra's face just isn't hitting me right.

IMG_2408.png

Iconic! I get a bit of a thrill seeing this.

IMG_2409.png

Hmm, more classic designs. Interesting.

IMG_2410.png

Well, I think we all knew I was furry for for Cheetara. Even more so for Pumyra, but still...dayum!

IMG_2411.png

I used to have this toy. I don't know what happened to it. I bought another one from a vintage store, but it was incomplete.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm honestly not liking Tigra and Wilykit's designs.

I'm...okay with them, for the moment? I think I'll get used to them, at least.

I guess they're going for more of a "wise sage" thing with Tigra, so I think I'll get used to the "beard"...or more accurately, muttonchops. It's not a bad look, really, it just feels weird when everyone else looks pretty much the same.

Wilykit...with the straight hair and "eye makeup" she's giving me a goth vibe? But, she still seems to act like the original. So, there's a little weirdness there. I guess it helps tell the Thunderkittens apart, though. I think I'd be better with it, if they gave her different eye markings. She just looks so sad in photographs, you know? Like someone dumped a bucket of water on her.

I can't really put my finger on it, but something about Mummra's face just isn't hitting me right.

Yeah, that's because it doesn't really look like Mumm-Ra in that particular cover. The nose isn't wide enough. It doesn't have the "monkey lips". It actually looks more like Agahnim from the Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, to me.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Interesting... most of them seem derived from the '80s versions, but Snarf feels very 2012 to me.

IMG_2411.png

I used to have this toy. I don't know what happened to it. I bought another one from a vintage store, but it was incomplete.
I had two. The first was the original, where everything (except the power ring) was more orange than red. Then I wound up somehow losing the sword at school. That just wasn't going to do, so my parents relented and got me another, but it was with all red instead of orange, like this.

I know his hair is red in the cartoon, but I honestly preferred the orange on everything.

Top Bottom