Thundercats - General Discussion (and some Silverhawks too, whynot)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Lion O seems to have the worst luck with women. I think maybe you're right about Calica being a character instead of a Mum Ra disguise. It looks like they're going to do with her what 2011 did with Pumyra, which hopefully means when they actually introduce the actual Pumyra she can actually be done right.

But yeah, Calica will definitely be going heel. Only question is if she can be redeemed. My guess would be that she'll be dead in the next couple issues, either die as a villain, turn into a monster like they had planned for 2011 Pumyra or die trying to redeem herself. I say this only because she's a new character, not part of the original cast who's already set up to betray the heroes.

I hope they don't go for a Lion-O/Wily Kit relationship. It really just feels too creepy.

I still don't like Wily Kit and Tygras designs. Art overall is...meh to be honest. But the story's good so far and I'm mostly just happy to have new ThunderCats adventures to read.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I hope they don't go for a Lion-O/Wily Kit relationship. It really just feels too creepy.
I'm a bit mixed. I get why people find it creepy, especially in the 2011 series where he wasn't prematurely aged up. But, it is kind of a Captain Marvel/Shazam issue, in this comic. He's got the mind of a kid in the body of a adult. The only real solution is to not give him a romance at all. But, they keep insisting on doing it.

And...look...given some fan art I've seen of a aged up Wily Kit?

tumblr_mb4wluiMWE1qi264no1_1280.png

I can't blame Lion-O.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Thundercats #3 is out!

I think I feel that each issue of this series is getting progressively better? I liked this issue. Stuff happened. And we're getting some hints of...other things that we're going to have to deal with later. It's a interesting issue. It's good! If the first issue didn't really impress you, I guarantee that it does get better.

This issue features the return of EVERYONE'S favorite character....Snarf! They do seem to be going more with the 2011 version of the character, with a few added twists. This Snarf doesn't talk. But, Lion-O has a psychic bond with him so they can understand each other. And he's actually a fairly respected guardian of a mystical room full of Thunderian treasures. Yeah...they might be trying a little too hard to make Snarf cool. But, it DOES work, more or less.

Also, Monkian shows up! Already on the planet. Which feels a little weird. I guess we're building up to the formation of the Mutants as we usually know them. So, Jackalman should be next.

Oh, but Panthro still doesn't trust Calica. It eventually leads to Panthro just slugging Lion-O in front of everyone. Which leads Cheetara to challenge Panthro to a..."Thunder-Duel" to settle the argument in Lion-O's place. I don't remember this from the cartoon. But, then again, it's been years since I've sat down and actually watched it. So, maybe I'm just forgetting that this is a thing.

It IS kind of funny when Calica asks Tigra what a "Thunder-Duel" is and he just ignores her. Getting exposition isn't that easy, I guess.

But, the most interesting thing in this issue is probably what's going on with Jaga. STUFF...is going on with Jaga. BAD STUFF! Jaga does not seem to be in his right mind and it leads to a very...interesting visual. I'm curious where they're going with this. Methinks we need a crossover with the Ghostbusters to solve this one.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
I get the feeling Lion-O is going to learn a really hard lesson here soon. This treasure of Thundera is probably going to be gone in the next couple issues and everyone's going to be looking right at Lion-O and he's going to know it was all his fault for trusting Valica.

I don't remember the challenge being in the cartoon either, but it's been a while since I've watched it.

Snarf isn't so bad when he's mute. You just knew they'd have to bring him in at some point. So, thankfully he doesn't talk.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

Caldwin

Citizen
I don't know what's up with Amazon. Like, it'll let me buy Thundercats comics and preorder them once they're up for preorder. But three issues in and it still won't let me subscribe. 😡

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know what's up with Amazon. Like, it'll let me buy Thundercats comics and preorder them once they're up for preorder. But three issues in and it still won't let me subscribe. 😡
I'm still annoyed that as an international user, my subs became null and void when they consolidated everything, and I guess that's not something they're planning to change.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Announced today that Mondo has the license to produce 1/6 scale Thundercats. Showing a prelim. sculpt and concept art for their interpretation of Lion-O. Expect this to be in-line with their recent MOTU reimaginings in both size, aesthetic and price.

Top Bottom