The US Supreme Court and its decisions

Ironbite4

Citizen
Keep in mind this is just for collages AT THE MOMENT!. So panic time but not massive panic mode.

Ironbite-now to see if they rule on student debt.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Japan is very much what the Republicans in the US want their country to be. It's an older male dominated society in almost every facet of power. As such, it's extremely misogynistic, racist/xenophobic/ethnocentric and doesn't care about younger generations either.

With all of that in mind, the government finally legalised the "morning after" pill, while Republicans seem hell-bent on eradicating it...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Japan is very much what the Republicans in the US want their country to be. It's an older male dominated society in almost every facet of power. As such, it's extremely misogynistic, racist/xenophobic/ethnocentric and doesn't care about younger generations either.

With all of that in mind, the government finally legalised the "morning after" pill, while Republicans seem hell-bent on eradicating it...
Can't have an army of desperate, poor, ignorant and violent masses without the masses.

Edit: which is greatly underselling the US military. Why republicans keep looking at the failure that is russia and going "YES! That's what we want!" is just ******* beyond me. I mean: I get it; authoritarian shit stains, but why any one would want to be that is lost on me. Literally every single metric taken in the last four generations says "tolerance, kindness and generosity is the easiest, cheapest, most effective way to run ******* everything" and they keep choosing hatred and cruelty.

Teufel

Citizen
I was wondering how they were going to make it up to the GOP after the Moore vs. Harper ruling.

That's an interesting assertion.

Pew Research

Polling shows significant majorities by race and political party oppose affirmative action.

About eight-in-ten White adults (79%) say race or ethnicity should not factor into admission decisions. By comparison, 68% of Hispanic adults say this, as do about six-in-ten Asian American (63%) and Black (59%) adults. And while 87% of Republicans say race or ethnicity should not be a factor in admissions, that share falls to 62% among Democrats.

Link

In 2020, minority-majority California voted against a constitutional amendment to allow affirmative action in schools, public jobs, etc with 57% opposed. Only 34% of Californians voted for Trump in 2020.

So one could say hey, polls depend on how the question is, but in one of the bluest & non-white states in the country where no Republican has won statewide in a long time, they still said no thanks.

But I wonder if this will even matter that much once the dust settles. Academic institutions have been moving away from considering things like SAT scores in part because they saw this moment coming and it'll be harder to prove discrimination without that kind of data. California universities actively discriminated against Asian Americans with bogus standards on applicant personality, etc. They will find a way to get the result they want. Roberts wrote personal experience of overcoming racial adversity could still be used and that seems like a very potent loophole.

Keep in mind this is just for collages AT THE MOMENT!. So panic time but not massive panic mode.

Ironbite-now to see if they rule on student debt.

Biden's unconstitutional debt forgiveness is ruled unconstitutional.

Joe should've listened to Nancy, she was right.

Although it still may be an astute political move. People might care more that they don't get their free money and less that the president tried to abuse his office to use power he clearly didn't have.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Anyone else really interested in the opening volleys of Jackson versus Thomas? Those two tore each other to pieces and while I think Thomas was the one who ended up the most shredded, I think we'll see a lot more of this. Jackson is not taking his shit and the veneer of civility in this decision is super thin in a lot of spots.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen

and the hits keep on coming. The stacked court delivers another blow to the concept of equality. This time using the guise of free speech.

Biden is going to have to make some decisions regarding SCOTUS. I believe all of these rulings are going to force his hand into actually taking action. Or pushing the zeitgeist to where the next election is going to revolve around the Court and what to do.

Anonymous X

Citizen
The supreme court’s pretty set on rolling back the social advances of the last century, aren’t they? What’s next to go, the right to inter-racial marriage?

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
The supreme court’s pretty set on rolling back the social advances of the last century, aren’t they? What’s next to go, the right to inter-racial marriage?
Since Clarence Thomas has a personal vested interest in that one, it gets a pass. If it weren't so, I imagine he'd be the first to shoot for it.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
There is a big push to get the NFA in front of this court.
gotta make it easier for the brainwashed MAGA voters to do more mass shootings of undesirables so the GQP politicians can keep their hands "clean" despite constantly encouraging stochastic terrorism

Last edited:

Ironbite4

Citizen
Since Clarence Thomas has a personal vested interest in that one, it gets a pass. If it weren't so, I imagine he'd be the first to shoot for it.
Yeah bout that....he's actually keen on throwing that out and damn his own marriage to hell.

Ironbite-his will be intact, others can go hug themselves.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Let’s not beat around the bush. The Supreme Court’s decision in Biden v. Nebraska, the one canceling President Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness program, is complete and utter nonsense. It rewrites a federal law which explicitly authorizes the loan forgiveness program, and it relies on a fake legal doctrine known as “major questions” which has no basis in any law or any provision of the Constitution.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So what? Further proof of corruption that we simply don't need. We know Thomas is corrupt and his opinions are for sale through his wife, now we know through his aide too. He's not going to be impeached. He's not going to be removed. Biden isn't expanding the court. At this point, further evidence simply shows what we already know.

Hate to be so defeatist about it, but if something was going to happen, it would have.

Ironbite4

Citizen

Top Bottom