The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Now he's following up on the Mastodon account block by also blocking any link to a large number of Mastodon instances if you try and post it or put it in your profile, and throwing up "dangerous site" flags if you click on a formerly working link on Twitter to them. Apparently he's actually seeing it as a threat now.

He's also supposedly claiming the journalist suspensions are for a week, now that other sites are posting articles about it.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
And he's posted yet another one of his polls asking what he should do.
The choices were ban them totally, let them back, or suspend them 7 days. That didn't give him the answer he wanted so now it's bring them back now or suspend them 7 days.

At every turn he demonstrates that it's not about free speech, it's about his speech. What he says goes regardless of reality or consequence.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It's literally all about HIS freedom of speech, and this is a macro instance of proving that freedom of speech is NOT freedom from consequence.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Advertisers love it when you do things like this. Makes them feel really secure at purchasing ads for your site.

Ironbite-also EU might wanna have a word with Musk.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And he's posted yet another one of his polls asking what he should do.
The choices were ban them totally, let them back, or suspend them 7 days. That didn't give him the answer he wanted so now it's bring them back now or suspend them 7 days.
Wait, so the option he took away because he didn't like how many people were saying it was "ban them totally"? This is confusing.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Banning mastodon and claiming links to mastodon servers are unsafe is clear anticompetitive behavior. If Twitter weren't already circling the drain, the FTC should open an investigation.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They should anyway: anything to be seen actually punishing the rich for breaking the law.

NovaSaber

Citizen

c5ff9489dfd2212c.jpg

EDIT: removed flight map image that I found out was fake.

CSedTJch.jpg

RmDRYGLh.jpg

And the poll results:
ici9c1j.png

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen

Nevermore

Citizen
Oh hai Chan-jo Jun! That guy is fun. He's a lawyer who specializes in media law and has frequently been in court against anti-vaxxers and other Covid deniers, and talked about it on his Youtube channel. Sometimes with massive tons of irony, where he described his opponents' legal "arguments" as "interesting".

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
061ed3f6cb6b00b5.png

They seem to have forgotten a few, like Tumblr and Cohost. Also if they blocked Trump's network, not sure why they didn't block Parler and Gab. Guess they finally noticed how many people were fleeing. Also lol at still allowing ads for those networks(because it makes them money).

*edit* And it just clicked why that specific list: Those are all places that have @elonjet accounts I bet. I know most of the ones on that list have them. I wonder what would happen if someone ran an ad for those networks advertising "we have @elonjet here!"

Also on the topic of journalists:

Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
This is only gonna have the opposite effect of helping Twitter retain users. Of course at this point Twitters owner/troll-excrement-officer probably doesn't care. He knows he's losing billions and just wants to lash out while his platform sinks.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Speaking of lashing out, here's something recent that I totally missed in all the other buffonery:

They also included Linktree, Carrd, and other link aggregators in the no-link policy, which I missed earlier. Which is actually hitting the creative community where they can actually feel it, so more of that crowd is actually moving now, though I'm still seeing some in denial.

NovaSaber

Citizen

It’s hard to believe what I just read on the Twitter feed of Elon Musk.

On Twitter, a new algorithm will allow far-right trolls to band together en masse—something they have already been shown to have done repeatedly and systematically over the last 24 months—to make the tweets of Twitter Blue–verified left-leaning accounts disappear from public visibility permanently simply by muting or blocking them.
Up until this moment, many journalists believed that they could stay on Twitter perpetually. They thought it was simply a matter of riding out the current high level of engagement with (and encouragement of) far-right trolls that we are seeing from Elon Musk; they thought that Twitter culture would return to normal at some point in the near future, if only because Musk needs advertisers to return to the platform.

Now we know the truth.

There is no reason for the advertisers to ever come back, and no reason for any journalist to stay.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
FkThBg_XoAEQHv0.png

This I do think is an actual Xanatos gambit play, whether intended or not. Like the Trump poll, he already has a end decision in mind, and is using this to justify it. Why do I say this? Tesla shareholders have been about ready to revolt because they think he's been ignoring his other companies too much for Twitter. This also would give him a useful patsy to act as an Obvious Distraction to implement what he wants and reduce the fallout on himself. Imagine if he nominated, say, Steve Bannon as CEO? He could easily use Bannon as a scapegoat given how everyone feels about him and knows he acts, and still get what he wants done, and maybe hope some portion of people forget about the bad shit Musk did himself to this point. And then when it gets too bad, fire him, appear the hero, and bring in the next Nazi Decoy.

Though maybe I'm overestimating him here on how far ahead he's thought this through, but I do think regardless he's using this as a smokescreen for an existing decision like the Trump and Journalist polls.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Yup. He just sold off another batch of Tesla stock, which doesn't look good for Tesla or twitter, so he's creating a distraction and looking for an out where he doesn't have to admit defeat.

Double Xanatos gambit?

Top Bottom