The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yeah, I've put my subscription on pause while I give all due consideration to things.
$25 a month could be put to better use if this is where they're going.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Minor bit of Schadenfreude: over the weekend Musk thought it would be a great idea to go up on stage at a comedy gig in SF. (It was a Dave Chappelle gig, I believe?) He got booed off stage. Any videos of this posted to Twitter have been removed, from what I've heard..

Also looks like the news media's established itself on Mastodon too: Google Doc of over 1100 Journalist Mastodon accounts

On a third note, seeing mentions that Twitter is now censoring the word Telegram too, in addition to Mastodon. Wonder how long before Tumblr and TikTok get added...

Lastly, while the account tracking Elon's Jet is still around, it's been heavily shadowbanned so anyone who relies on the algorithmic timeline(instead of latest) isn't ever going to see anything from it.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Minor bit of Schadenfreude: over the weekend Musk thought it would be a great idea to go up on stage at a comedy gig in SF. (It was a Dave Chappelle gig, I believe?) He got booed off stage. Any videos of this posted to Twitter have been removed, from what I've heard..
Fortunately Elon doesn't own YouTube.

EDIT: There's more:

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen

hurtinitsconfusion.jpg

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tesla is unsustainable. Twitter is unsustainable. How long before this clown doesn't have two dimes to rub together?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I didn't realize he was ever even close to being the richest person in the world; I thought that was Bezos?

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Should be a paywall-free link. tl;dr:
* It seems they haven't paid rent for their buildings since the takeover,
* they're considering not paying the two months pay and/or severance packages of terminated employees,
* and they're auctioning office and kitchen supplies from the buildings
And Europe's gonna love this if they go through with it:
285efb86916878e8.jpeg

Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Expected. Elon is a hypocrite of the highest order. And now, with pressure mounting and money woes starting to emerge, he's going to act truer to form as he can't waste the time pretending not to be a horrid little troll anymore.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Elon apparently ordered the suspension of many accounts today, all reporters who have been critical of his actions.
At this point it should be apparent to all that the "free speech absolutist" is a facade for an insecure bully who can't take what he dishes out.

He also posted a license plate and has asked twitter to 'track' that person down. I sincerely hope that results in a lawsuit that breaks his hold over the zeitgeist.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
He's also suspended the account for Mastodon. He really hasn't ever heard of the Streisand Effect, has he?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Musk is determined to go from being Tony Stark to Flintheart Glomgold in the public's eye. If he weren't ruining the lives of so many people in the process, it'd be absolutely hilarious.

Top Bottom