The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yeah, letting Jones back in is a transparent move to distract from all the other troubles Elon is having to something superficial. Desperation.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

The statement from said hacker group:
49769e4bfb26a08c.png

Ironbite4

Citizen
TAKE THAT YOU STUPID EURPEAN BURUCRATS! YOU DON'T WANT ME FINE! I'LL JUST REVOKE ACCESS TO MY PLATFORM AND NOW I DON'T HAVE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR STUPID LAWS! THAT WON'T BITE ME IN THE ASS!

Ironbite-the next day Twitter's gone.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Guarantee like 50% of the site's addicts users will just VPN their way in rather than brave the scawwy world that is the rest of the internet.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I can guarantee that 50% of twitter's users don't even know what a VPN is. Still even if true loosing 50% of European users would make advertisers even LESS likely to stick or return to Twittter.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Hell, the threat alone at this point is probably going to start making advertisers walk away. At some point, the writing is on the wall.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Of course they did: the only check for verification is whether your bank account has 8 dollars a month.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Didn't the gold checkmarks basically take the place of what the blue ones used to mean already?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Twitter grew to a size that makes it hard to kill. Don't worry, musk is on it, it's just taking longer than we expected.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Usually when a company loses 75% of its value... in a year... bankruptcy is all that's left.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And if he had to worry about third party investors instead of just making enough to keep the lights on, that would be on the table. As far as I can tell, his constant whining about the company's "value" is just that, whining. An excuse to paint himself as a victim, even though the value means nothing to a man for whom owning the company and taking it to his grave was the endgame.

NovaSaber

Citizen

People on social media were outraged after X, formerly Twitter, blocked an account that provided natural disaster alerts in Japan for posting too much during the earthquake that left at least 55 dead.

The account, run by natural disaster alert program NERV, informed followers that it had been rate-limited "due to the frequent posting" following the 7.6 magnitude quake and urged them to download the NERV Disaster Prevention app amid the crisis.

(Yes, Japan's disaster alert program is really named after the organization from Evangelion.)

Top Bottom