The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Isn't threads basically just Instagram without the focus on photos? Good luck, Musk. Seriously doubt Twitter had that much original tech in its design.

Ungnome

Citizen
I don't really think someone who has been slapped on the wrist several times for stock manipulation should be complaining so much about corruption.

Ungnome

Citizen
Besides it wasn't the lawyers who got him into that mess, it was his own big mouth. Offering a deal in an attempt to gain some attention and affect stock prices. The lawyers just got the courts to force him to go through with the deal he offered when he tried to back out at the last minute.

Ungnome

Citizen
Hopefully so much that all the emerald mines in South Africa can't bail him out.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
What we're all hoping for is that he'll have to bail himself out by selling off stock in Tesla, the one thing he owns that ever had a good reason to exist in the first place.

Ungnome

Citizen
I'd argue that SpaceX has its merits, though that's DESPITE Musk's best efforts. Rumor has it that a few high-ranking engineers at the company are able to manipulate Musk into allowing them to actually do their jobs properly. I'm not sure how much longer that's gonna happen, though. Musk has been getting more and more unhinged lately and SpaceX's Starship program seems to be causing a lot of issues, both for the company AND the areas where it's being tested.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The only company that doesn't have it's merits is twitter: and that's largely because it's a social media company. The entire problem is musk; tesla, spaceX, the boring company, all these only stink because of him and would be perfectly fine without him... now anyway. There is an argument to be made that he made them famous, but he obviously has no idea of what he's doing outside of being a hype man.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
SpaceX only exists because NASA gave up on actually caring about the thing it was created for; if we can't rely on government programs to get us into space, I prefer to call that a failure on the part of humanity and the US in particular and don't give them a chance to get around it by farming out their job to private companies. To say nothing about the inherent problematic nature of letting corporations rather than nation-states be in charge of colonizing space; that's how you get Red Faction.

The Boring Company has even less of a good reason to exist than Twitter, I'd say; its whole deal is grifting cities by building underground toll roads to get around traffic problems created by a lack of decent public transport. The hell with it.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
No, the idea behind the boring company is to drill holes. Don't blame the sandhogs for the managements ******* around.

I'm entirely with you on the social failure of NASA, but: at least spaceX (musk or not.) is developing new technology and methodologies. Don't blame the scientists for the politicians failures. Credit where credit is due, and blame where blame is due. You can exist for a lousy reason but still be doing a good job.

Ungnome

Citizen
Not to dig traffic tunnels, to build a pneumatic rail system using newer tech than the failed one built in the late 19th century and based on a proposal by a bunch of engineering students who didn't have much experience ACTUALLY designing things. Turns out it STILL doesn't work, so he switched gears to turning them into 'traffic tunnels' instead in a vain attempt to rescue the company. Of course he could have founded the company simply as an excuse to distribute flamethrowers to the general population and every thing else is just for show. He is a huge internet troll after all.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
According to Wikipedia, Musk founded it himself, on a whim, specifically to dig traffic tunnels.
Again: You can exist for a lousy reason but still be doing a good job. There is a terrific need to dig, TBM's still need experts to run them, and just because musk founded them doesn't mean the workers are to blame.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Heh, Twitter’s API changes have broken Box Office Mojo. BOM was going through another phase of “no writers to write weekend summaries/predictions” so they were just showing their Twitter account with daily updates. That embed was recently removed because users couldn’t actually see the tweets being sent out.

I just thought that was amusing.

Top Bottom