The Repaint Concept Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's funny that while Thundercracker-with-Thrust-wings got a new identity as part of Hasbro's "Let's name every. single. use. of the model" phase in the mid-2010s (being named after an Exodus Seeker likely helped), I haven't seen the same treatment for Skywarp-with-Dirge-wings or "Not-Bumblebee-Movie-Blitzwing". 😉
It's because it was our very own Powered Convoy "Randy" himself who chose to give "Thundercracker-with-Thrust-wings" the new identity of Nacelle for Fun Pub, not Hasbro proper.

Rycochet

Citizen
PtwEL86.png

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That there makes me realize that Universe Optimus Primal's deco wasn't too far off from that color scheme.

Maximal_Arachknight

Citizen
Universe 1.0 is like a misunderstood genius who wasn't properly appreciated until years later.
I loved Universe 1.0. I was one of those who liked the concept of multiversal teams of good and evil, connecting all previous continuities. It was a great excuse to get repaints of toys like Car Robots in G1 color schemes (made repurposing easy). Plus, as a fan of BW Silverbolt, I personally liked the crazy color scheme of Beast Machines Silverbolt on the original bird dog toy that arguably still holds up today (until next year's Voyager class toy surpasses it).

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Universe 1.0 is like a misunderstood genius who wasn't properly appreciated until years later.
I want those colors ALL OVER the ROTB stuff. This Primal, a purple/yellow/white Airazor as Univ/BM SIlverbolt, Night Slash Cheetor...

Universe 1 was a very fun line that gave us a broad mix of "what is this" redecos along with ones that had some deeper cuts (Obsidian as sorta Rotorbolt, Sunstorm, the Emergency Mini-Cons in sorta-muted versions of their Linkage redecos) and more directed homage stuff (Constructicon Landfill). As well as a nice avenue to get in some new-to-the-US molds like the Sixcombiners and Hellscream.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Has anyone ever decoed the Prime Vehicons in G1 Scourge and Sweep colors?

Top Bottom