The Repaint Concept Thread

Rycochet

Citizen
3FmbvRb.png

I had a few others underway but GIMP crashed and only Black Megatron came out alive. Probably won't do either Galvatron or Megazarak, as they seem likely given all the sublines filled with these things.

Lobjob

Citizen
Has anyone done the Axelerators and the Skyscorchers yet?

That's who Axelgrease keeps reminding me off; the G2 small cars. But I'd love new versions of those G2 teams. They're all so great.

Rycochet

Citizen
CakDcGx.png

This, I probably need to explain. Back in the days Alternators were a thing, a company called Happywell produced their own line of licensed transforming robots called Road Bots. I used to peruse their websites, enjoying the new, slightly awkward designs they came up with, and the odd bootlegs scattered among them. There were three Transformers, an all grey Quake, a knockoff Jetfire type valkyrie in gunmetal grey that nobody ever seemed able to find for sale anywhere, more's the pity, and a retooled Armada Megs in an urban camoflage deco.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
CakDcGx.png

This, I probably need to explain. Back in the days Alternators were a thing, a company called Happywell produced their own line of licensed transforming robots called Road Bots. I used to peruse their websites, enjoying the new, slightly awkward designs they came up with, and the odd bootlegs scattered among them. There were three Transformers, an all grey Quake, a knockoff Jetfire type valkyrie in gunmetal grey that nobody ever seemed able to find for sale anywhere, more's the pity, and a retooled Armada Megs in an urban camoflage deco.

Oh my goodness, that takes me back. I was obsessed with Alternators, and since it was such a small line, I started looking for things to supplement it.
I, too, would stalk the Happywell website checking out all of their 1:24 Roadbots and wishing that there was somewhere around here to buy them. I finally did get a couple from eBay or something, and realized that I wasn't really missing out on much.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Around that same time, there was also a line of converting robots that tried to compete with Transformers called "Galaxy Defender". It consisted of mostly knockoffs of Brave Series toys, but occasionally had actual knockoff Transformers toy designs in it, one of which was a KO of Armada Megatron with a retooled headsculpt and this tan camo deco:

imd912p.jpg

Rycochet

Citizen
Oh my goodness, that takes me back. I was obsessed with Alternators, and since it was such a small line, I started looking for things to supplement it.
I, too, would stalk the Happywell website checking out all of their 1:24 Roadbots and wishing that there was somewhere around here to buy them. I finally did get a couple from eBay or something, and realized that I wasn't really missing out on much.
I know right? I was so excited when they turned up at retail here for a time but they were not good in hand. I appreciate the effort, but the partsforming was bit much. Still have a few of the Brave bootlegs they made though.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I have the tan Megatron Knockoff and the gunmetal Jetfire! I thought Galaxy Defender was a Walmart packaging of Happywell product, though, cause I would swear the Jetfire was a Galaxy Defender offering.

Top Bottom