The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

Glitch

Citizen
About as good as could have been expected.
Personally I'm more interested in Asylum and City.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I have found many of the complaints about the port to be…peculiar. Especially in regards to visuals.

Compared to a LOT of cross gen ports, Arkham Knight isn’t THAT much worse than some others seen, on a visual level. The biggest failing is in the minute to minute performance- being unable to hold 30 fps is what ultimately hurts the port. Hell, the performance of Knight is, at times, atrocious. But I think THAT should be a bigger point of complaint, not the (expected) compromised visuals.
Porting Arkham Knight might have been a bit too ambitious (probably should have just done Origins, which is a fine game), but I think with some performance patches, it should be “viable” as an experience. I think so many commentators are focused on the amazing port jobs, they forget most Switch conversions don’t get that level of care or polish.

All that said, I’m not sure we’re at the point where mobile hardware can handle, even compromised, versions of Knight. But I think Asylum and City should be viable, but everybody wants to tear apart the port of Knight, it seems.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Here’s Digital Foundry’s breakdown on the Trilogy. Knight looks rough and is practically unplayable (especially during vehicle sections), the other two actually use old PC version code base (negating some of the visual complaints from the Return to Arkham remaster) but suffer performance issues. Oddly, Asylum performs worst than City, it seems

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Considering that this is the second Warner Bros published game to come out on the Switch in an absolutely terrible state in only a few months, is it safe enough to say that the execs at WB Games clearly don't give a shit about the quality of these ports and just wanna grab some of that massive Switch audience?

Glitch

Citizen
I am sure they'll be patched.

They should have saved Knight for a next gen Nintendo console though.

Regarding another port, I really hope The Twin Snakes makes it into a MGS collection. it was a second party game but it might be free for a port.

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
And awaaaaaay we go!

So no Tears of the Kingdom DLC because they're on the next Zelda game already, people forget BOTW was a Wii U game and port, TOTK is a Switch game, can't wait for number 3.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly, with all the 'rumors' and 'leaks' that came out about the alleged Switch Pro (that never happened), I ain't believing any reports or leaks about the Switch 2 until Nintendo announces the damn thing

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder what the next console will be named? They won't make the same mistake as the Wii U and call it the Switch 2 or anything like that.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I wonder what the next console will be named? They won't make the same mistake as the Wii U and call it the Switch 2 or anything like that.
They'd be stupid to not name it the Switch 2

Unlike the Wii, where the fad had basically died by 2009, the Switch is still massively successful even nearing 7 years since launch.

Shadewing

Citizen
I wouldn't mind a new Switch, but I do want it to be backwards compatible with the Switch.

Nintendo tends to keep at least 1 generation of BC for the past two decades. Switch is one of the few that didn't, likely due to the format change. With how popular the Switch has been, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
If there's one thing the Switch 2 needs it's a proper damn d-pad on the main controller. Like I've gotten used to the four separate buttons thing on the Joy-Con but it's still not good.

Top Bottom