The Best Thing About HeroQuest is….

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Not only did I miss out on this Knight, but until you posted the update, I somehow had never even heard of it. Looks like it was a kickstart pre-order kinda deal?

I'm wondering if there was anything else I missed out on? Also I wonder if they plan to make the extras you got for pre-ordering the Mystic Tier available? I WAS lucky enough to get that, so I have the Bard and such for the game, but it does kinda suck for anyone else interested.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The Knight wasn't a kickstarter thing, It just a really low run 1st expansion that launched nearly alongside the release of the Haslab. I don't think they knew how big a demand it was going to be initially and lowballed the run of it. It really was the Male and Female Knight figures and the cards that went with them. I don't really know why they just didn't run more off, other than it gave them more incentive to include them in this bigger expansion which even without the knight would draw in more with new quest packs anyways. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The next best thing about HeroQuest is the Monk. This new hero may start off with just one attack die, but comes with elemental abilities on 4 double faced cards. …I can’t keep up the Bardic spiel😅

But It’s cool to see support continue after they finished the classic expansions. Truthfully I’m surprised we aren’t seeing a general release of some of the HasLab Heroes first. It’s cool that the Bard, Warlock, and Druid have been exclusive to the HasLab, but I’m not against them trying to put out a character pack like this for those who missed out. Besides I like having the male and female versions too.

Rise of the Dread Moon also came in last week and it’s finally forced me to use more than the base game box for storage. Not sure if we need the door set every new expansion, and the continued new furniture is getting a bit much, but it’s cool to get new enemies, weapons, and a whole new alchemy system. Still unclear to how the Alchemy thing works but there’s a new deck of cards with all sorts of potions now.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Just got the Dread Moon expansion myself. Going to be honest it kinda sucks they just have the one Knight figure this time. No male/female variant like they did with most of the others.

Though my friend mentioned they didn't do that with the Bard, or any of those heroes either which I didn't really think about until then.

As for Hero Quest game sessions, my party just finished Quest 10. The mine with the teleporting mechanic on the doors. That was a lot of fun, but we've got four more quests before we finish the main game. I'm debating on what to do after that. I'm assuming they still want you to go on to Keller's Keep or Return of the Witch Lord first, but honestly I'm thinking I might just ask the players to vote on which one they want to do next. Not quite sure if some of these would be considered "Higher Level" things or not. Given you don't really level up in this game, just get better stuff.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So they decided to drop the two Mythic tier quest packs individually now. “Prophecy of Telor” includes the Warlock with a second monster form figurine, and a slew of orange translucent monster figurines and combat dice.

“Spirit Queen’s Torment” has the Bard and comes with translucent green monsters and dice.

And some backers are crying foul. It’s stinks of people whining about their investment accounts not the game not being special anymore. I’m happy to see the quests released to the people who didn’t get in on the HasLab. And technically we got it two years before everyone and for cheaper than it would have been individually to buy these. I really don’t care for gatekeeping bs like this from the community. We should be happy to see the game continues to put more out even if it is mostly content that some of us already have.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
So they decided to drop the two Mythic tier quest packs individually now. “Prophecy of Telor” includes the Warlock with a second monster form figurine, and a slew of orange translucent monster figurines and combat dice.

“Spirit Queen’s Torment” has the Bard and comes with translucent green monsters and dice.

And some backers are crying foul. It’s stinks of people whining about their investment accounts not the game not being special anymore. I’m happy to see the quests released to the people who didn’t get in on the HasLab. And technically we got it two years before everyone and for cheaper than it would have been individually to buy these. I really don’t care for gatekeeping bs like this from the community. We should be happy to see the game continues to put more out even if it is mostly content that some of us already have.
My only annoyance is you mention a second monster form figure. So to get that I'd have to buy the quest pack again? That stinks. I wish I could just buy the figure.

As for people getting mad that others can actually buy and enjoy these tier packs, yeah forget them. Let people who aren't made of money a chance to get stuff they couldn't pre-order. It hurts no one.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
But then they aren't special little wonders with stuff the rest of the world can no longer have.

**** 'em.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The Best thing about the new Path of the Wandering Monk is the packaging! The scroll inside is a map to a martial arts tournament on the back of a tournament poster too!

Attachments

• IMG_4789.jpeg
    IMG_4789.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 22

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The next best thing about HeroQuest is the “Against the Ogre Horde” quest pack. Another classic HeroQuest pack that didn’t get wider release back in the day. 28 new miniatures including 3 big Ogres and a retail version of the Druid hero both male and female as well as an included wolf form. And the cool part, it’s not a pre order this time!

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpeg
    IMG_4946.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 9

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Ah I forgot the Druid had a wolf form. That's neat.

Well I guess it not getting a 'wider release' is sorta true. Everything I've read says this was a UK exclusive. Just like "The Frozen Horror" (Barbarian Quest Pack) and "Mage of the Mirror" (Elf Quest pack) were North American exclusives.

Top Bottom