The 3rd Party Toy Picture thread

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Painted over the axe, which was surprisingly simple given how easy it is to dismantle. Added a proper bottom to the handle while I was at it.
IMG_1227.jpeg

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Metroplex also came with this unassembled unpainted Windblade. They shouldn’t have. No, really shouldn’t have. She doesn’t transform, can’t stand because of her stripper shoes, falls apart on mild handling and would be Kong-sized next to the toys Metroplex is intended to go with. Looks pretty but is trash more or less.
IMG_9462.jpeg

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Metroplex also came with this unassembled unpainted Windblade. They shouldn’t have. No, really shouldn’t have. She doesn’t transform, can’t stand because of her stripper shoes, falls apart on mild handling and would be Kong-sized next to the toys Metroplex is intended to go with. Looks pretty but is trash more or less.
View attachment 19811
A shame they didn't include Scamper and co. instead

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They announced an upgrade pack with Sixgun and car dude. There is a lot of apparent cost cutting with Metroplex so only the tank comes in the base package. I can’t be bothered which one is Slammer or Scamper.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I bought the knockoff First Edition Bulkhead. Have the original but the gold always looked off and this guy came with a lot of goodies. He’s a less yellow shade of green and has appropriate colors, though aside from the gold lights on the bumper and wheel rims, the paint scheme is identical to the original. Transformation is the same, head is modified with the most effective lightpiping I’ve ever seen. Tolerances are decent but he notably comes apart easier in robot mode than the original, though he does stay intact decently enough for the most part. His shoulders are fine with the wrecking balls and guns but droop if using the bigger accessories.
IMG_2317.jpeg

He comes with two wrecking balls, two blasters, some parts to convert the blasters into a hammer, a Solus Prime hammer and a front and a rear bumper. Also a copy of the Miko minifigure from the first prime multipack. The blasters combine with handle parts to ape the Solus Prime hammer. It’s alright not the greatest fit but gets the job done. Left the bumpers in the box since they partsform and don't do anything in robot mode. Left Miko in the box as well; statues aren't my thing.
IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

Vehicle mode’s unchanged. It can store all the stuff at least
IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

Gave the Solus Prime hammer to Magnus. It uses a 5mm handle but Magnus’s arm design means he can’t hold it very well.
IMG_2322.jpeg

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That is really cool. FE Bulkhead happens to be my desk bot today so I have him right here to compare to your pictures. I kind of see what you mean about the green being a slightly different shade. I love the extra accessories the KO comes with.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
That is really cool. FE Bulkhead happens to be my desk bot today so I have him right here to compare to your pictures. I kind of see what you mean about the green being a slightly different shade. I love the extra accessories the KO comes with.
Yeah, picked up my FE Bulkhead from my parent’s storeroom. His unpaintable gold parts somehow yellowed despite being inside the box but the green’s still the same. Overall, the mold’s great and the knockoff’s a decent way of gaining access.
IMG_2324.jpeg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I have the original Takara verison, back when they were doing different paint jobs to the figures from Hasbro, before the days they decided to "Streamline" things, he is a good figure, of course, when I saw the Legacy verison, I was underwhelmed and disapointed, thou I have gotten a copy of that mold, but it was the Wreck N Rule verison with the camo paint job! Anyway, the FE Bulkhead is a desent figure and the FE figures pretty much paved the way for studio series and a lot of the Generations figures with their transformations

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I kept my Takara Bulkhead as my display Bulkhead because the dark green was pretty, accuracy be damned. This one's probably taking his spot though between the better likeness and my primitive monkey brain loving the stupidly effective lightpiping.

Top Bottom