PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Omegatron.png

Mechabot-1.png

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Pangu Toys "Flame Blade", their "Takeda Shingen/Red Lio Convoy" figure, just arrived. He's mainly in metallic red, gold and bolt-gun metal and looks gorgeous. His hip skirts and two heads don't have actual female ball-socket joints and rather just use whatever negative space is there to host the male ball-socket joints. His Lio-Convoy head is rather loose (which could be fixed with a little nail varnish) and he can't grip his axe well (as the pole will slide through his hands easily). There's also no full weapon storage for all three swords and his axe in either bot or liger mode.

I think he could have done well with a stand out at least a weapons stand, like Musha Gundams and Takeda Shingen had (to host his katanas, etc). His hip skirts also impede his arms from posing in a relaxed way, close to his body.

Overall, it's still a nice little display piece if you like samurai bots.

Red Lio-Convoy (Bot Mode).png

Red Lio-Convoy (Action).png

Musha Gundam & Flame Blade.png

Red Team.png

Red vs Blue Convoy.png

Bushido Bots.png

Takeda Shingen Heads.jpg

Last edited:

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
TT6TIqBl.jpg

oHFn42Bl.jpg

Rh8TFKtl.jpg

JePKGV2l.jpg

0m7eej9l.jpg

2aHYeT3l.jpg

I nver liked OpOp's colors but the original PE POTP Primal homage had the closed mouthplate. Thankfully, the knockoff has the correct sculpt, even if incorrectly painted. The sword, monkey abd electronics were a decent bonus for the incredibly cheap price but the tolerances are all over the place.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
TT6TIqBl.jpg

oHFn42Bl.jpg

Rh8TFKtl.jpg

JePKGV2l.jpg

0m7eej9l.jpg

2aHYeT3l.jpg

I nver liked OpOp's colors but the original PE POTP Primal homage had the closed mouthplate. Thankfully, the knockoff has the correct sculpt, even if incorrectly painted. The sword, monkey abd electronics were a decent bonus for the incredibly cheap price but the tolerances are all over the place.
I'm waiting for a hopeful Primal Prime recolour.

unluckiness

Citizen
ZJ19EWql.jpg

qkjl5Drl.jpg

Od0fbEOl.jpg

Jx8DGVWl.jpg

1NaM4Ghl.jpg

I'm not gonna bother with the vehicle modes. They're shit and the transformations are terrible. The little gorilla minicon's kind of crappy in terms of build quality but the originals were a bit janky as well, so I can't complain, especially for the price.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
ZJ19EWql.jpg

qkjl5Drl.jpg

Od0fbEOl.jpg

Jx8DGVWl.jpg

1NaM4Ghl.jpg

I'm not gonna bother with the vehicle modes. They're shit and the transformations are terrible. The little gorilla minicon's kind of crappy in terms of build quality but the originals were a bit janky as well, so I can't complain, especially for the price.
The original toy had good vehicle modes, especially some slightly tweaked fan modes for the wings on the jet and the position of the cockpit in armoured ground vehicle.

unluckiness

Citizen
They’re still Optimal Optimus’ vehicle modes and therefore garbage. The truck mode doesn’t even bother to secure his arms and they just float around pretending to be attached to the wheel. The new jet mode tries to hide the arms but it’s still not all that great. If this were engineered to have a smoother transformation, I’d probably give it a go but the transformation process is just not pleasant and kind of finicky overall.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
They’re still Optimal Optimus’ vehicle modes and therefore garbage. The truck mode doesn’t even bother to secure his arms and they just float around pretending to be attached to the wheel. The new jet mode tries to hide the arms but it’s still not all that great. If this were engineered to have a smoother transformation, I’d probably give it a go but the transformation process is just not pleasant and kind of finicky overall.
To you maybe, but I rather like them all. I've had no problems securing all the various parts on my original PE Op Op, so perhaps the mileage might vary?

unluckiness

Citizen
The arms have no way to attach to the wheel in truck mode. The ratchets can hold the arms in position but that’s just lame when even the original BW toy fastened the arms to the wheel. There’s really no excuse not to secure those in a 20+ year more advanced toy with an unlimited budget when there’s so much nonsense in the cockpit/chest transformation.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The arms have no way to attach to the wheel in truck mode. The ratchets can hold the arms in position but that’s just lame when even the original BW toy fastened the arms to the wheel. There’s really no excuse not to secure those in a 20+ year more advanced toy with an unlimited budget when there’s so much nonsense in the cockpit/chest transformation.
I'm not sure they attached to the wheels in the original toy either?
Screenshot_20231017_225344.png

I wish I could find the pics I took of my PE version's fan modes for this figure's alt modes. I'm sure I posted them at another site somewhere ages ago...

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
That photo is improperly transformed. There are tabs to hold the arms in place, though it is fiddly because the meaty mitts slam into each other.

Top Bottom