Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean, they introduced new regions, and another new space to live in: so I'm not complaining about it.

But like background scene of pips hair kinda poofing then deflating to her normal would have been nice. Consistency people, consistency!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If it was a salvaged MYM script (or at least a treatment) it explains why the pacing starts bouncing around so much. MYM's crowd budget only allowed Izzy to meet one pony in each location.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Misty's training continues.

Sparky doesn't know what's so exciting, but he's excited.

I don't know what spell Misty was trying to perform, but I imagine this is not even close.

They've discovered a universe where hats are apparently mandatory. Except for Izzy. She's a rebel.

Someone is not super enthusiastic about her job.

Oh. It's a D&D themed escape room. This spellbook is a fan of escape rooms.

More action than an entire season of MYM.

Stahp.

Mind meld?

Racoonicorns are the real villains of this gen.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Wow, for once everyone's just hanging out with not a care in the world! ....I wonder who's going to ruin their peace this time?

...and the winner is MISTY!

Misty can now create...LIFE! And IMMEDIATELY regrets it, like so many of us.

Misty's butterfly creates some sort of reaction with her spellbook. Misty, you should have seen that coming from a mile away. Rookie mistake, really.

Welp, we're heading to Narnia, again, I guess.

The book turned Misty into a bunny-girl. I approve! This book has good taste!

Why is this a fairy tale world, if they got dragged into a magic book? Is this where Twilight hid all the magic?

Questopia! Where they're slightly annoyed that they have to work again! They were enjoying their vacation ever since Discord stopped coming here with the boys for Game Nights a hundred years ago.

"Fluffy Quests" are for a VERY different type of book, Izzy!

Zantorp the Furious! Truly a villain for the ages...probably.

Let's see. Sunny's a witch. Zipp's Little Red Riding Hood. Pipp is a...crystal princess? Izzy's a seapony. Misty's the White Rabbit. Hitch is a dragon. Sparky's a knight.

Gingerbread crabs! Crabs full of carbs! Delicious but deadly! I'll admit it, I'd eat it!

BOOM goes the headshot!

Dragons! But, dragons are our friends! Not this one I guess. This dragon didn't return a library book on time, so this was it's punishment!

The scenery is literally made of paper mache. They are still trapped inside a book, after all. Busting through it probably isn't as impressive as it looks.

I guess this was a race. I feel like trying to crush your opponent counts as cheating, but I guess we're going by Mario Kart rules.

OH, so they have to step on the marking that matches those on the doorway. The editing was so fast, I missed that the first time. Basically a Dance Dance Revolution reference.

Hitch can't dance, because he lacks that rhythm in his SOUL! And maybe because he's carrying a baby dragon on his back, messing up his timing.

Izzy appreciates Zantorp's taste in evil mountain lairs!

Dragon-Alicorn THING! This is why there are no male alicorns! They all turn into something like THIS!

It sure is lucky Zantorp gave Misty enough time to say that word-salad of a power-up phrase.

Misty has gained the most powerful technique of all...Talk No Jitsu! Naruto would be proud!

Oh, he's just lonely, that's why he...attacked the very first people to visit him in who knows how long? Yeah, I don't know if that really makes sense, but fine.

Misty's got a boyfriend! Or...a pet? Eh, there's not that much difference, either way.

The moral is, sometimes we all just need a bunny-girl in our lives. A moral to live by!

"Oh...you're still alive? Huh..." She was really looking forward to rifling through their stuff after they were dead. Who's the REAL villain of this world?

Unfortunately for them, she just sent them to the Space Opera-book world. Izzy's getting a Gundam!

And the book fairy is just called "Book Fairy" in the credits. Huh. She deserves a name. I'll go with Anthy for Anthology! Plus, Revolutionary Girl Utena reference!

Last edited:

Top Bottom