Takara Missing Link G1 Series

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Just Preordered the full toy version at Hasbro Pulse. Comes out month of my Birthday so I have good odds of not cancelling..

-ZacWilliam, They have the anime version up too but at the wrong price. :p

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
And the $70 one is sold out already.
That's the one for "the casuals". The real fans go full bore with the trailer and toy accuracy. ( :p )

I'm wondering/hoping, given the lead time, if we aren't getting a remake of the US box, or at least an English version of the Japanese remix of the box. Especially given they can't ship it to Quebec.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I thought $70 was pricey for the just Cab, but an extra $50 for the trailer is a bit much considering its just the same exact trailer from 1984.

Last edited:

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Yeah, this is a super-niche item that required a lot of engineering to create. I paid $100 for the first GodGinrai reissue over 20 years ago, $120 for this seems perfectly reasonable.

BBTS has preorders as well now, for $70 and $120. I cancelled my Amazon.co.jp order and pre-ordered both...

RCX

Citizen
PULSE pulled down the anime version because it was listed with the same price as the full-trailered version.
It's now back up and available to pre-order at the correct 69.99 price.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That's the one for "the casuals". The real fans go full bore with the trailer and toy accuracy. ( :p )

I'm wondering/hoping, given the lead time, if we aren't getting a remake of the US box, or at least an English version of the Japanese remix of the box. Especially given they can't ship it to Quebec.
You could just get the cab and buy a KO Optimus and trailer instead? There aren't that many changes to the trailer anyway.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

You could just get the cab and buy a KO Optimus and trailer instead? They're aren't that many changes to the trailer anyway

Anyway, I came across a post by someone else and it more or less sums up how I feel about this.

Joe Velez2023-08-05 @ 3:06 am
No thanks. Especially for those prices. If they were half the price and this was about 22 years ago then maybe.

And I don't understand the love this is seemingly getting. A very vocal and rather large part of the fanbase scoffed at this idea bout 17 years ago. They hated the thought of "G1 with articulation". Now it's here and people love it? I bet it's the same people who claim they love the G1 reissues and then never buy them.

This is a waste. It's targeting a niche of a niche of a niche. About a tenth or less of what they expect to sell will actually sell and the rest will go on steep clearance. They'll push out the first four or five figures they worked on and the rest will be cancelled. I'll be very surprised if this isn't how it goes. I'm one to be negative in hopes that the opposite will happen but I really think that this sucks and will ultimately bomb just like what happened to that one third party company that did every color of G1 Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Hubcap and Bumper as "G1 with articulation".

This time, effort and materials should be going to more Takara Generations Selects redecos and retools. And to do a Masterpiece Airazor already. Maybe some Premium Edition decos that weren't outdone by the store exclusives that also weren't sold for an extra premium price. I do admit though that PE Siege Ultra Magnus and PE Siege Starscream look real good in hand. I think more highly of them though as I paid like half price for each. If I paid full price like I was going to do for UM then I would've been salty. That grey on Ultra Magnus' cab was worth the price as just using him as another character entirely.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't remember a G1 with Knees movement back in 2006. Are they talking about Classics?
I'm not sure. I don't recall a "movement" but I think "articulated G1" has always been a "thing". It hasn't been an uncommon riposte to any (G1-esque) toyline to state "why couldn't they just recreate the original transformation and just add a slightly updated sculpt and poseability?"

Dake

Citizen
Canceled my Amazon.jp order and ordered from BBTS. Nice that we've come to the point where the prices are basically the same whether you buy direct or not with the added benefit of cheaper shipping.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Nothing we've ever gotten before, from Hasbro or a third party, has come close to this level of re-engineering a G1 toy while keeping everything that was G1 about its appearance and size. For someone who loves Transformers as toys first and foremost, it's mind-blowing that something like this could exist. I don't want it *instead of* all the G1 reimaginings and reissues and recolors we've gotten over the years, but I love it as its own thing. It's a marvelous curiosity. In its own way, it's a Masterpiece.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm just going to leave these links here.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Both RobotKingdom and Action Robo have the two at discounted prices, but their shipping costs are higher than most since they're in Hong Kong.

But sometimes it still works out. When I bought my MP Optimus Primal, I got it from RobotKingdom since it turned at that even with their shipped costs the total was still less than what the base price for that figure was at BBTS at the time.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Joe Velez2023-08-05 @ 3:06 am
No thanks. Especially for those prices. If they were half the price and this was about 22 years ago then maybe.

And I don't understand the love this is seemingly getting. A very vocal and rather large part of the fanbase scoffed at this idea bout 17 years ago. They hated the thought of "G1 with articulation". Now it's here and people love it? I bet it's the same people who claim they love the G1 reissues and then never buy them.

This is a waste. It's targeting a niche of a niche of a niche. About a tenth or less of what they expect to sell will actually sell and the rest will go on steep clearance. They'll push out the first four or five figures they worked on and the rest will be cancelled. I'll be very surprised if this isn't how it goes. I'm one to be negative in hopes that the opposite will happen but I really think that this sucks and will ultimately bomb just like what happened to that one third party company that did every color of G1 Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Hubcap and Bumper as "G1 with articulation".

This time, effort and materials should be going to more Takara Generations Selects redecos and retools. And to do a Masterpiece Airazor already. Maybe some Premium Edition decos that weren't outdone by the store exclusives that also weren't sold for an extra premium price. I do admit though that PE Siege Ultra Magnus and PE Siege Starscream look real good in hand. I think more highly of them though as I paid like half price for each. If I paid full price like I was going to do for UM then I would've been salty. That grey on Ultra Magnus' cab was worth the price as just using him as another character entirely.
I'm sorry people are having fun, Joe.

Top Bottom