Takara Missing Link G1 Series

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we got no other releases after these two Optimus Primes. I'm keeping my expectations low for now. If anything else does come out, it'll be a nice surprise.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a one-off 40th Anniversary thing. Then again, MP-01 was initially a one-off too wasn't it?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is Takara though. Maybe they'll realize how difficult it would be to do other designs and take that as a challenge.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Yeah they've reissued G1 Megs and they've done three (maybe more?) releases of gun Megatron in the MP line.
They're not concerned about Hasbro's ability to release it. They'll do it if they want to do it.

Yeah - I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a one-off 40th Anniversary thing. Then again, MP-01 was initially a one-off too wasn't it?

MP-01 was supposed to be a one-off, and it evolving into a full line was kind of haphazard, right?

I could see TT learning from that and maybe intending ML to just be Prime but having plans ready to go to expand it if it's successful.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah they've reissued G1 Megs and they've done three (maybe more?) releases of gun Megatron in the MP line.
They're not concerned about Hasbro's ability to release it. They'll do it if they want to do it.
Though, to be a little fair, all of those happened before Hasbro Pulse came about to be a direct import venue for TakaraTomy exclusives.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Big question would be if Hasbro Pulse picks up the ML figures
It has.

But, bizarrely, thinks they're MP toys.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Tbf didn't Hasbro Pulse do the same with that one Optimus Prime that's a redeco of the Kingdom Ultra Magnus cab with that magnetic flight stand?

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
It has.

Ha!
I donno. I'm sure TT is happy to have an easy outlet for their stuff in Hasbro's markets but I don't think they're going to be too concerned with Western gun safety laws if they just really want to do G1 Megs.

Dake

Citizen
It has.

I assume they find it simpler from a marketing perspective to label it as an MP since it's priced the way it is.

But yeah if Takara decided to do a Megatron, I imagine Pulse just wouldn't carry it.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They're masterpieces to me.
The Hasbro listing was the first time I saw the MP label applied, and it immediately made sense to me (partly because it clicked for me that "oh, that's why it's pricey"). That's kind of the niche this is going for. High-end recreation of the classic product, with more engineering and parts.

I hope they make a Hot Rod. Maybe a Rodimus Prime. Either of those would be an absolute win.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Attachments

• ml-bb-cj.jpg
    ml-bb-cj.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 52

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I got the 3rd Party take on that…a LONG time ago. It will be interesting to see how TaKara approaches the concept. Love the extra bazooka with Cliffjumper, too.

I must admit, I was hoping for an Autobot Car or Seeker before touching mini bots, but I’m guess if TT feels confident about doing the mini bots, they’ll get to more significant figures later.

Top Bottom