Superheroes

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
That's a pretty good way of putting it. I actually almost posted this earlier, but the lyrics of this song kind of touch on that:

"Clench your teeth and fight until the end. It's alright to fall, just pick yourself up again. If you have the strength to do that, you're a hero"

I would draw a distinction between Hero and Superhero, in that the latter traditionally has something that sets them apart, whether that be superpowers, special training beyond the norm, or even just plain magic - something extra that aids in their fight.

Which is also why I agree with what some others have said about D&D, that modern D&D is basically a bunch of superheroes in a fantasy setting. If you keep the above(including the definition in the previous post) in mind while comparing early D&D to how it's played now, it's fairly easy to see.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
"Clench your teeth and fight until the end. It's alright to fall, just pick yourself up again. If you have the strength to do that, you're a hero"

I would draw a distinction between Hero and Superhero, in that the latter traditionally has something that sets them apart, whether that be superpowers, special training beyond the norm, or even just plain magic - something extra that aids in their fight.

I could not agree with you more:

Spartacus is a Superhero. He was said to be possessed by the gods because he should not have been able to do what he did. He just did not know when to quit and escape over the Alps with his people.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Popeye the Sailor was the very first fictional character to have a superpower. He debuted all the way back in 1929.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Hercules definitely counts, I'd say, on account of being a demigod with divine strength.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Batman superpower:

IMG_1789.jpeg

wentwood

Citizen
I own all of the X Men movies and quite a few DCEU Movies.

I did catch up MCU except Avengers 3 and 4. I have the new Ant Man 3 on May 17th on Disney +.

Also have started up She Hulk.

I will see Hulk soon. MCU.

I own the current Spider Man movie No Way Home. Need to finish it.

As soon as I swap HBO Max I can finish the DCEU Movies.

I got a 13 disk set of MCU movies that has up to Black Widow so will soon order the Phase 4 movies.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I own all of the X Men movies and quite a few DCEU Movies.

I did catch up MCU except Avengers 3 and 4. I have the new Ant Man 3 on May 17th on Disney +.

Also have started up She Hulk.

I will see Hulk soon. MCU.

I own the current Spider Man movie No Way Home. Need to finish it.

As soon as I swap HBO Max I can finish the DCEU Movies.

I got a 13 disk set of MCU movies that has up to Black Widow so will soon order the Phase 4 movies.

The MCU has not been the same since Iron Man left:

The DCEU is a mess and it’s all getting blamed on Henry Cavill. I think he’s the only one getting replaced. “Man of Steel” was the perfect kickoff to the DCEU:

It was the introduction of Ben Affleck in “Batman v. Superman” that destroyed the DCEU.

“X-men Origins: Wolverine” is my favorite X-men movie because of Liev Schreiber’s badass portrayal and performance as Sabertooth:

A whole series of movies could have been built around Wolverine and Sabertooth, after the events of this origin story.

wentwood

Citizen
Ranger shows

Saw MMPR - Dino Fury

Toei shows

Watching 5 Man - Don Bros

MCU

All movies seen up to Ant Man 3.

Will watch Avengers 3 and 4

DCEU

Started this line up but have bought a bunch of them and have started with 1970 Super Man.

I watch so as not to miss any. I have yet to get to the DCEU movies but will see them after MCU.

wentwood

Citizen
MCU TV shows

I feel like they've made a lot of connections in Marvel.

Finished both Ms Marvel and Wanda Vision which are origin stories.

Hawkeye is the birth of Kate Bishop which I started today and She Hulk.

Wanda Vision was the rise of Scarlet Witch and currently watching the birth of She Hulk.

The Ms Marvel series was solid.

There are things in the MCU that would have worked better had they done the TV show to set things up first. A movie leaves zero room for growing and developing people out.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
These right here are the greatest superhero movies of all time:

and the greatest comic book superheroes of all time. They’ve stood the test of time.

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Superman is the closest fictional Superhero to Jesus. Superman III was especially disturbing and scary because Superman was actually compromised, seduced, and being beaten:

You actually thought he was going to lose. He was being overpowered which is something I never saw before. Superman was facing something more powerful than he was which made Superman 3 interesting because he was losing mentally, emotionally, socially, spiritually, and physically for almost the entire movie.

In this movie, Superman truly showed why is the greatest fictional Superhero, because he had to overcome through sheer force of his will, and hope for a miracle, which did happen.

Sound familiar?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
G1 Omega Supreme qualifies as a superhero because he sacrificed himself to transport the Autobots back to earth, got exploded nearly to death, and was able to come back to help a friend, that is, save Superion.

If that’s not a superhero, I don’t know what is. He checks all the boxes.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Filmation He-man is just as great of a Superhero as Superman:

Perhaps even more so because he’s been knocked down and defeated more times and had to pick himself back up again:

Top Bottom