Superheroes

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Very bad writing. Bad directing. poor character choices. Lower budget effects.

-ZacWilliam, it's one of those films that can be cheesy fun but is not in any way a good film.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Very bad writing. Bad directing. poor character choices. Lower budget effects.

-ZacWilliam, it's one of those films that can be cheesy fun but is not in any way a good film.

You didn’t like seeing the backstory of Wolverine and Sabertooth?

You didn’t think Liev Schreiber was bad-ass as Sabertooth:

owning Wolverine in fights and taking down mutants one-by-one?

I fanboyed out when Striker put together his team of basically G.I. Joes——-a daring, highly-trained special mission force.

You didn’t like seeing Deadpool? You didn’t think that was cool? You didn’t like the diamond girl mutant?

What about seeing Wolverine being infused with adamantium, watching his heart stop beating and then resurrecting?

I fanboyed out when we got to meet Gambit for the first time on the big screen.

Your heart must not be beating if these things did not excite you.

The military theme of this movie gave X-men a realistic feeling similar to what Christopher Nolan did for Batman.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
From what I remember, Robocop's design was partially inspired by Gavan, though I could be misremembering.

And Dekaranger was the first sentai series I saw subbed, rather than as a PR adaption

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
A technologically-advanced car can be a Superhero:

One man with a powerful piece of technology can make a difference.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Superman is the the greatest, most powerful Superhero:

I’ve never seen anyone turn back time through sheer strength and force of will (ie. no magic, infinity gauntlet, etc.).

This scene was ruined by Jimmy Olsen interrupting Superman and Lois’ first kiss.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
You mean like Ultraman Zero?

His friends/teammates: killed in front of him
His body: taken over by his worst enemy, Belial
His soul: All but extinguished
Then Belial decides as his first act to kill this small innocent lifeform...

And speaking of alien power-suits:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Superman is the the greatest, most powerful Superhero:

I’ve never seen anyone turn back time through sheer strength and force of will (ie. no magic, infinity gauntlet, etc.).

This scene was ruined by Jimmy Olsen interrupting Superman and Lois’ first kiss.
Mr. Bean could kill Superman:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Kyuranger had all sorts of shapes and sizes, given they were from all over space - only two of them were actually from their Earth.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Did you know that Eiji Tsuburaya was a Catholic convert? That was part of what led to crucifixions making appearances in the Ultraman series as much as they do. I'd like to say I recall hearing also that was part of the reason for Ultraman being a being of Light, so they would be similar to angels, but I can't recall a source so that part may be just speculation.

image.png

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Ultraman is so beloved/well-known that it gets referanced all the time, and in fact was at least partly, if not fully responsible for the creation of Pokemon(thanks to Ultraseven's Capsule Kaiju, the original "pocket monsters") . And Ultraman Tiga somehow not only topped the list in 2022, but is also huge in other parts of Asia, like China, Taiwan, and the Philippines

For the curious, Ultraseven was 2nd, Z third, Zero fourth, and Man himself was 5th on the 2022 poll.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This thread is actually pretty interesting. What are the superhero boundaries? I can't make an argument against any of the non-traditional characters listed here.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This thread is actually pretty interesting. What are the superhero boundaries? I can't make an argument against any of the non-traditional characters listed here.

The superhero archetype acts to redeem society by overcoming great odds in service to successfully completing extraordinary acts of strength, courage and goodness. The Hero is admired by those who appreciate the self-sacrifice, stamina and courage required to triumph over adversity and evil.

Top Bottom