Studio Series discussion

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
To appease all those whiners who moaned and ached about translucent plastic, I guess. 🤷‍♂️
Fixed for you :p

It's an existing toy in more cartoon accurate deco, it's not the first or last we'll probably see of it. I can see the appeal (especially on the chest, with the defined details), but unlike the cars, I'm not sure this is as much an improvement as similar changes on the Autobot cars (where the clear plastic presented more significant issues going forward)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kind of like this set, but I already have the Kingdom set. Blaster looks better here, but I don't mind his other version that much. Eject, if you look at the boxart, is a lot darker in the boxart than he is in the pictures. I prefer the darker look, so I will just wait until I see this set at Target to decide if I want to get it.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
This version looks so much better, other than the head. I dont like that white.

Eject looks a lot better, but it would have been nice to see Rewind while they are recoloring.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Words fail to express how little I care about this Blaster. Really? We have to repaint and re-release friggin' Blaster?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here is a good side by side look at them:

1709839213146.png

I like the headsculpt on the SS86 one better. The lack of the painted section on his shoulders looks better, and I like the tape door better. Is that enough to get me to get one?

1709839391739.png

That blue just doesn't look as good as the darker blue in the boxart.

Attachments

• 1709839331791.png
    1709839331791.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 28

Darth_Prime

Citizen
The boxart almost always has better colors than whats on the toy. I know in the past there have been toys with better paint apps and decos in the boxart than what actually made it to the toy. Frustrating to see what could have been with just something like the knees and hips having a splash of color added.

Top Bottom