Studio Series discussion

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe TF6?

IDK how much I like this, especially with that weirdly sharp hood slope, but that headsculpt is not helping. Maybe it'll be like Arcee and get more interesting once it's redecoed/retooled into someone else.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Maybe TF6?

IDK how much I like this, especially with that weirdly sharp hood slope, but that headsculpt is not helping. Maybe it'll be like Arcee and get more interesting once it's redecoed/retooled into someone else.
I seem to recall issues years back where people tried to associate to each 07-series by number...but since NONE of the films used numerals and nobody could remember which came when...we all settled on abbreviations of the titles rather than by the numeric sequence.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Never used the numbers myself; just figured this might work since this is how store listings tend to have it (the Bumblebee stuff in particular). And really, it isn't THAT hard to keep track of these, although it can be hard to remember TLK exists.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
So the "replacement" for my screwed up SS86 Magnus arrived today. True to my prediction, it is something that I do not want and will have to get rid of:

Prowl_Ironhide Replacement.jpg

Other than fitting with the SS86 theme, I'm not so sure that this lines up financially with what I spent on Magnus. But as mentioned in a previous post, they have my SS86 Magnus money, so what do they care?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So the "replacement" for my screwed up SS86 Magnus arrived today. True to my prediction, it is something that I do not want and will have to get rid of:

View attachment 18834

Other than fitting with the SS86 theme, I'm not so sure that this lines up financially with what I spent on Magnus. But as mentioned in a previous post, they have my SS86 Magnus money, so what do they care?

Oof, yeah. That is not a fair exchange in any way, shape, or form.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, it sucks pretty hard. I would have been more satisfied even if they had just issued a partial refund or store credit. But instead, I've got a broken Magnus and this raggedy 2-pack.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am hopeful that some of these Selects offerings will be decent. The last few have skip-worthy for me. Then again, I need to reduce anyway so it is probably for the best.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The abbreviations could be worse, I remember when due to some bad font choices, we were wondering why people were talking about "Transformers: Steve" and I admit to posting the MST3K video from youtube about "Steve" right after. But I am also bad at interpreting them anyway, when POTP was put up, I thought "Poo-TP?" which I guess made sense but I couldn't for the life of me see why they would say it like that, then I found out people were pronouncing it "Pot-Pie" which made no more sense but at least didn't require a BotBot team.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Sideswipe looks far better than the old FOC verison which was a retool of FOC Jazz, but that wasn't the worse figure in the world, just not the best either, thou Jazz did truly own that mold. The only problem with these Gamer figures so far, I would say is the gimmick of the weapon, my Optimus prime, his arm has a tendancy to come out when you don't want it to and it kind of anyoning.

NovaSaber

Citizen

I don't think it's particularly good, but really don't understand the "worse than Stasrscream" reaction.

Top Bottom