Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
SS86 Started as overflow for Kingdom, when Hasbro decided to add beasts to celebrate Beast Wars too, and everyone liked it so they kept it running for the situations mentioned above.

You may also want to look at some of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line too, as they've been putting out figures matching the G1 pilot Cybertronian modes - Bumblebee and Jazz so far, with Wheeljack coming.

Yeah, the Generations lines(Studio Series, Legacy, Selects, etc) are all basically one big ball of wibbly-wobbly, transformery stuff. There's also the Masterpiece line if you want to really dip in the wallet...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
So basically I might need to get Legacy figures?

:ROFLMAO:
Perhaps, but for me, I deliberately didn't buy some CHUG figures that I thought might be better if released in the SS86 line, such as Springer (no cr@pple damage paint) and Shockwave (taller, with no unnecessary gumf).

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
I think a hypothetical Studio Series 86 Rodimus Prime would be different from the Kingdom one (Leader size, robot turns into the entire vehicle mode instead of having the battle platform that never appeared onscreen, no Hot Rod car mode), but pretty much everyone else's best WfC/Legacy figure is basically identical to what Studio Series would do.
Except Springer, who never got a clean redeco, and apparently does have an upcoming Studio Series figure.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Legacy, WFC trilogy & SS86 are pretty much the cast of G1 cartoon & comics cannon plus BW with a few extras who pretty much jumped out of their respected series and became apart of G1 timelines, thou they are going beyond what known and creating original characters in legacy, such as the Junkions, in Kingdom it was the fossilizers which started off the whole original characters as weaponizer type bots, thou weaponizers were meant to be stand in for the missing bots that partner with the titan class figures who transform into bases and between the series, much of the orginal G1 cartoon cast have gotten updated figures with just a few left out standing so far, example, Sandstorm, he not had a figure since the T30 part of Generations

Shadewing

Citizen
I think a hypothetical Studio Series 86 Rodimus Prime would be different from the Kingdom one (Leader size, robot turns into the entire vehicle mode instead of having the battle platform that never appeared onscreen, no Hot Rod car mode), but pretty much everyone else's best WfC/Legacy figure is basically identical to what Studio Series would do.
Except Springer, who never got a clean redeco, and apparently does have an upcoming Studio Series figure.

TitaniumHeroRodimus_toy.jpg

Shadewing

Citizen
It's an ambitious design that really only needs one more transformation step to have the torso squish together. It's a shame the concept has been utterly abandoned.

I'd honestly rate it as one of the best Titanium figures, tbh. Least top 5. Like yes, there are better ones but not that many; but there is SO much worse. He's fairly posable, his die cast doesn't really hamper him, he's got a fairly cool, if flawed, transformation.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel like at some point Hasbro intended to cancel Kreo but failed to send the memo. So the Kreo team stopped receiving any instructions from management but they didn't know why. So they started doing whatever goofy fun thing they wanted without any supervision.

If only they were still doing it!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And to make matters worse for Kreon completionists, the RID2015 Polarclaw Kreon was only available in a large Kreon multi-pack that was only sold in certain parts of Europe.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, they weren't everybody's thing, but the people that were into Kre-O were like. Apeshit about it, from what I remember. At least for the little guys. Maybe replace that with Built-To-Rule instead.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Kreo is one of my secret shames. I love those stupid things and bought pretty much anything I could get. I never did get any of the "Main Characters Travelling Through Time" Kreon Warriors, but I always wanted some.

31958303312_b0becd4101_b.jpg

That picture is like Grimlock saying "Me Grimlock, king, you not king, you not me!!"

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I feel like at some point Hasbro intended to cancel Kreo but failed to send the memo. So the Kreo team stopped receiving any instructions from management but they didn't know why. So they started doing whatever goofy fun thing they wanted without any supervision.
I'm surprised the Kreo team didn't burn down the building...

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not sure if reported, but SS86 Frenzy and his Rise of the Beasts wave mates were at the local Walmart here in Oklahoma. I got Frenzy because I expect them other two to be easier to get.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
SS86 Ratchet arrived today, and... I know I'm going against the grain here, but honestly he just makes me wish I'd gotten one of the WFC versions. He's practically the same toy as them, except reworked to be way more of a pain to transform (whose stupid idea was the front of his roof?) and to not have any 5mm ports.

Top Bottom