Starfield: bethesda's newest offering.

Dake

Citizen
I found a side-docker so I could swap out the companionways for risers on the Night Mantis - makes it look a little less awkward and still seems to work against most opponents.

xbCbFi4.jpg

And here's the Poison Dart. I doubt I'll keep it, but I am trying to make a smaller ship - ironically, this thing has more mass than just about everything else. I wish I could just have access to every ship part at the same time.

ZIGqAqF.jpg

I'd love a smaller cockpit, but this Stroud-Eklund has the least mass of anything so far while providing sufficient mounting points. Likewise, smaller gear with less mass would be nice.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This must be why you can fast travel to your cockpit. Bethesda knew people would do this.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I do want to try it. Main thing keeping me from playing it, outside of budget concerns, is that all the other Bethesda open world games looked right up my alley, but never were able to hook me for some reason.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I do want to try it. Main thing keeping me from playing it, outside of budget concerns, is that all the other Bethesda open world games looked right up my alley, but never were able to hook me for some reason.
Then if you're in a position for it: get game pass for a month. It'll let you try it for a reasonable sum, plus all the other games.

Shames there's no ******* demoes anymore. I miss those.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Eh, I kinda went full on Linux a couple of years ago. That would require me to either boot back into Windows( I do still have it on a second SSD, just in case) or run it over the cloud. Too much hassle getting those set up for one game from a studio who's previous work has been kinda meh for me.

Dake

Citizen
Just continuing to have fun building ships.

Behold the June Bug... I don't think I can make a ship any smaller and still have it capable of defending itself. I also updated the Poison Dart to streamline and drop its mass a bit - I realized I could cut two engines and still have the same top speed/maneuverability!

B9klR20.jpg

Dake

Citizen
Well, my ship hoarding has caught up with me. I've hit the limit of how many you can have at once! Here are my two most recent ones. I've decided I really like the side ramps, where I can build the ship on one level that doesn't require climbing ladders to get to the cockpit.

Rf4Rfyr.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There are two kinds of players when it comes to ship building. Some players make elegant, effective ship designs like that.

Other players...

Dake

Citizen
I do love that "space carrier" look of that first one.

Thanks, yeah. That's probably my favorite. It's not quite as "hard" to hit as the other one, but can still really hold its own in a fight. I've been flying around in it almost exclusively.

And now I present "When you order a Millennium Falcon from Wish".

iObaWl3.jpg

And a surprisingly tricky design.

PKBDTCo.jpg

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
Guess it's time for a thread bump.

Spent way too long today making the Ghost. It's far from perfect and mediocre from far - so many pieces that you can't quite manipulate the way you want, but I got it as close as I think I can with the vanilla models (I haven't been able to get the various ship-building mods to work yet).

tSkeXJC.jpg

Top Bottom