Star Trek Lower Decks

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
How did the Ferengi get their hands on plans for a Genesis Device.? I figured plans for something like that would have been erased or locked up very tight.

A Mk. 2 Genesis Device was shown to be locked up at the Daystrom Institute's top secret space station in the final season of ST: Picard.

Since the original device was unstable and a failure, not only has the technology been preserved to the 24th century, but perfected as well.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There's no reason for the federation not to be working on it in a hypothetical capacity. It's inherently not a weapon, and it takes a multigenerational effort into a weekend thing. Eventually, with the borders of other governments as presented: some great power or another will eventually face an over population problem (there's a couple of worlds in the federations borders already facing that.) and the ability to turn an airless, asteroid blasted wasteland into a functional, world scale ecosystem to colonize would be inherently priceless; both economically and politically.

Long story short: it's still valuable, even if the first iteration was only useful as an accidental weapon rather than the intended purpose.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Or stole them. Best price to buy something for is 0 latinum after all.
Nah, they spent some coin on this one. You can't get a doomsday level weapon on the DL without building it yourself, and the ferengi (more than likely.) cannot do that. I'm sure some of them are smart enough to do it, but they're also probably smart enough to know that taking money for it would implicate them in something that would prevent them making money in the future. Can't make any money while in a federation penal colony... or, you know, dead and eaten in a klingon prison.

I mean, yeah; they probably stole the device but more than likely had to spend some money to get things set up properly to steal it.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Hey, how come Boimler was the one designated to be acting captain? Not that I'm complaining (cuz I loved it. That's where I screamed) but what's the chain of command here?

Ransom and Shaxs (and Billups) were with Captain Freeman so they couldn't. Boimler pilots navigates sometimes so he was chosen cuz of his expertise with the timing of when to pull away?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It's usually the highest ranking officer on the scene, but boimler does have a shit load of experience from when he was on the titan.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Freeman is also a sentimentalist, as much as she tries to hide it. There are absolutely people above Boimler in the chain-of-command, but he's her daughter's friend, so he deserves to play a part in her rescue.

(I mean, going strictly by regulations, it should've been either her, Ransom, or whoever is Second Officer [probably Billups or Shax], but Ransom is apparently the best pilot on the ship [so they needed him on the yacht, as they did the tactical and engineering chiefs], and Freeman herself certainly wasn't staying behind.)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love that they threw the old destroyer at the shield! Also love that the Captain's yacht was used again!

Cartano getting some resolution was great, and I loved that he went out with the device due to his own hubris. Now we just need to see what happened to Thomas Riker! Good to know that he survived the Dominion War.

Loved seeing the steam runner class!

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Hey, how come Boimler was the one designated to be acting captain? Not that I'm complaining (cuz I loved it. That's where I screamed) but what's the chain of command here?

Ransom and Shaxs (and Billups) were with Captain Freeman so they couldn't. Boimler pilots navigates sometimes so he was chosen cuz of his expertise with the timing of when to pull away?

I think there's also some regulation regarding what department a person is in. A similar type of thing is what landed Beverly in charge of the Enterprise during Descent. While she's not a command-stream officer, she had completed the bridge commander's training program.

Without going back to really examine who else was on the bridge and were everyone was in relation to everyone else, Boimler may've just been the senior most command-stream officer on the scene.

Axaday

Citizen
Did the Locarno thing get sorted out? I'd love for Tom Paris to be part of fighting him.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Would that it could have ended a different way for Locarno :(

Btw, the Rebel Binars were a trio? So it's Trinar Barrier?

Also, I didn't realize until later that Ma'ah and the other previously deposed captains weren't around. Would have been cool for Ma'ah to have interacted with the others, even tho he's no longer a Lower Decker.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't had much luck with finding new Christmas Ornaments in the past few years either. It seems that all the good ones I want are usually only online and cost $20-$30 a piece.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I was perfectly willing to pay that for the badgy box. It was a two pack, I was going to give one to my brother.

But it'll be like 60 bucks american just to get it shipped in time for christmas, and I am not paying like 120 bucks for some christmas ornaments. Sad as it is.

Hell, They hallmark finally has an optimus primal ornament, and it's the wrong ******* primal! I can't win at all this year.

Dake

Citizen
How did the Ferengi get their hands on plans for a Genesis Device.? I figured plans for something like that would have been erased or locked up very tight.
Late to the discussion but think of it like the first nuclear bomb: once it was known it could be done, it was only a matter of time until others figured it out on their own (or where the Ferengi are concerned, paid for it).

Top Bottom