Star Trek Lower Decks

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Had a thought.

It's a fake out! Locarno isn't the attacker! The blueprints laid so conveniently out there is cuz he's hunting for the attacker too. He just successfully found the planet and got Mariner cuz she's the only familiar face to him.

If that's the case though, who's actually behind everything? Just the ambushed crews' Lower Deckers all conspiring to overthrow their higher ups? No mastermind?

Hopefully they can somehow explain why Tendi conveniently found the planet in a convincing way, like one of the people sabotaged the satellite or something. Else it's gonna bug me.

Oh, cool seeing the Mudd name but sad we didn't see him, his women or his robots.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Them finding it makes perfect sense. The monitoring satellite was disabled on purpose so no one would detect the "dumping ground." But it was disguised as a super boring low level unimportant malfunction. Something no one would probably have really cared about being super prompt about correcting except that super boring low level job in the same sector was what Tendi was specifically looking for to keep Mariner out of trouble.

The bads were trying to make their operations super discreet and unimportant seeming just completely backfired on them because of the situation.

-ZacWilliam, and the conspirators still could have been fine if the asshole Klingon mutineer hadn't been an asshole Klingon and had just let them leave and then quietly broke the satellite again.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This isn't Lower Decks per sec, but as it's the current ST show out and the video below is fairly recent, I've popped it below.

I'm not sure if this chap is correct or not.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Them finding it makes perfect sense. The monitoring satellite was disabled on purpose so no one would detect the "dumping ground." But it was disguised as a super boring low level unimportant malfunction. Something no one would probably have really cared about being super prompt about correcting except that super boring low level job in the same sector was what Tendi was specifically looking for to keep Mariner out of trouble.

The bads were trying to make their operations super discreet and unimportant seeming just completely backfired on them because of the situation.
Arguably still kind of a big coincidence that the unrelated milk run in nearby space that they take Mariner on turns out to be extremely related to the main mission.

Had a thought.

It's a fake out! Locarno isn't the attacker! The blueprints laid so conveniently out there is cuz he's hunting for the attacker too. He just successfully found the planet and got Mariner cuz she's the only familiar face to him.

If that's the case though, who's actually behind everything? Just the ambushed crews' Lower Deckers all conspiring to overthrow their higher ups? No mastermind?
It wouldn't be the first time they've used deceptive editing with the exploits of the egg ship, but they do transition from the schematic to an exterior view of the ship at warp, and then to the interior with Mariner and Nick.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Arguably still kind of a big coincidence that the unrelated milk run in nearby space that they take Mariner on turns out to be extremely related to the main mission.

I'd say it's no worse a coincidence than the Enterprise being the only ship in the area when X(which is somehow highly relevant to the Captain or crew) is going on in other shows, so it's in good company.

Cybersnark

Citizen
1) How old is Mariner?
Using the transitive property (Nick Locarno and Tom Paris are the same age, and Mariner is of an age cohort with Nick and Jaxa):

Tom Paris would've been born around 2347 (given his apparent age of 26 in 2373).

All four seasons of Lower Decks are apparently set in 2381, so Mariner would be somewhere in her mid-30s. It's been established before that she's older than than the other Lower Deckers because she's remained an ensign for an unusually long time.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
I liked the ep and certainly didn't see the twist reveal but I have to echo what I've seen other say online and that tying Mariner to Jaxa just feels.. really odd. Especially given that shes apparently was so important to her but we've not heard a single word of her for all these seasons.

I dunno. I know Mariner is well connect and its far from the first name drop but it felt like a name drop too far imo.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Calling it now...

Jaxa is actually the one behind everything, and Nick is planning to stop her with Mariner's help. On her part it's a revenge thing as she survived but never got picked up, and she came to blame the higher ups over it. And Mariner is going to talk her down using what she talked about this episode with the KJlingon.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I liked the ep and certainly didn't see the twist reveal but I have to echo what I've seen other say online and that tying Mariner to Jaxa just feels.. really odd. Especially given that shes apparently was so important to her but we've not heard a single word of her for all these seasons.

I dunno. I know Mariner is well connect and its far from the first name drop but it felt like a name drop too far imo.
I definitely don't think it's weird that she's never casually mentioned the thing she refuses to talk about and her arc the whole season was setting her up to reveal. But you do have a "small world" effect when too many of the reveals link back to things we viewers already know about. LD drops a lot of names, but usually not for serious emotional moments.

I barely remembered anything about "Lower Decks" the TNG episode, so when Mariner told her story there I didn't recognize it. I imagine the scene would have hit differently if I had. But it also seems pretty appropriate that LD finally got to reference "Lower Decks", and that when they do, LD is on an emotional wavelength with it.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
1) How old is Mariner?

2) We now know that
"Thomas Riker"]
is still alive.
I'm gonna say early 30's. With 11 years between "Lower Decks" (TNG) and "The Inner Fight" (LD), plus (average) 4 years in the Academy with the average enrollment age being 18.

It's funny, Mariner said Sito graduated before her. With Sito's Academic credits the year of the accident null and void. So either Mariner started a year earlier, or Sito busted her ass to graduate when she did. I'm betting the latter, the way Mariner talked about Sito.

Shadewing

Citizen
"If you don't see the body, they're not necessarily dead."

---Dave

BTS they intentionally left the death vague n case they wanted to bring her back; and they did... They felt that actress did too good a job to just let that be her last appearance; they had several planned ideas; but it was eventually decided her living cheapened the end of Lower Decks.

LiamA

Citizen
How did the Ferengi get their hands on plans for a Genesis Device.? I figured plans for something like that would have been erased or locked up very tight.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly, I didn't get a chance to watch this last night. Looking forward to the season finale tonight though!

Top Bottom