Sonic The Hedgehog

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Doing an entire sonic game without running?

Fantastic, I love it.

I just been playing it and there is a bit of running, inside of the head of the point of view character (AKA the player) but that's it, overall its a nice little game, thou the one who did it wasn't who I expected it to be and the fact its FREE to play, makes it a bit more appealing as well

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Lowart posted part 2 of his Archie Sonic Retrospective. This one covers issues 78-129.

Seems like next time he's diving into the Knuckles comic....let the Penders-ing begin.

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Lowart posted part 2 of his Archie Sonic Retrospective. This one covers issues 78-129.

There seems to be odd line that the Archie Comics seemed to walk where it was both utterly nuts and pretty substantial. The combination of having few restrictions and people who admit that they might not have been ready to write at the time feels wild. At this point, the biggest surprise is that even when it's "Mobius", "Earth" is the correct answer for the name of the planet.

In watching playthroughs of The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog, I noticed two things of note:
-While the exact canon status of the game is unknown, an interesting thing helps it. It's clearly a SA1 style limited perspective that seems in character with exaggerations and USA only quirks as opposed to being completely off.
-The mystery is a solvable mystery based on the clues and alibis given. Knowledge of the characters outside of this game isn't needed. Honestly, parts of this game feel like a deliberate introduction to the majority of the main cast.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Honestly, yeah. The combination of just out-of-nowhere weirdness and surprisingly deep characters and plots that can go on for YEARS is part of the charm of Archie Sonic. It takes a very certain person who's willing to trudge through all that just for a very particular kind of fun, but I'll always have love for it. Especially, once you factor in Ian's run.

As for the Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog...
I had a few different theories during the game.

I thought for most of the game that Sonic would turn out to be the assigned "murderer" and NO ONE in the main cast actually "killed" anyone. I assumed Sonic got taken out before he could properly get the game started by "killing" someone else.

I noticed that Shadow didn't bring Amy a present right away. So he was never a suspect for me.

At first, I thought since Sonic was in the Conductor's cabin he got bored and just...started fiddling with the controls to make it go faster. Then he basically got sent to the back of the train by cartoon physics and knocked himself out.

I did notice a spilled drink next to his body, so I thought he MIGHT have been poisoned or something by that Omochao they mentioned in the Saloon poster that was on the run for medical malpractice. (Is this a reference to a fan-game?)

...Then I noticed Shadow was locking all the doors. Sonic couldn't have gotten all the way back to the dining car without being seen. I thought maybe someone painted Shadow to look like Sonic, so that Sonic body at the start would actually be Shadow, since Vector didn't actually see him go back to the front of the train. Or maybe the Sonic at the beginning of the game was actually Metal in disguise and the real Sonic arrived late or something. I did think about Sonic maybe getting onto the roof or something, but I thought that would be kind of out-of-bounds for this "game" they were playing.

By the time I got to the Conducters Room, I figured that the Train-Arm just didn't want the Conductor to retire and leave him. Or that the train somehow WAS the Conductor's wife, like her brain got downloaded into the train or something. Or that the Conducter was ALSO a robot. I don't know, the Conductor looks like a combination of IDW's Kitsunami the Fennec and Big the Cat, to me. (His wife is surprisingly cute.)

I never actually saw Espio being the "murderer" coming. I'm still not sure how he got through the secret passage while it was still so dusty without Shadow noticing. I guess it was while Shadow was in one of the other rooms.

But, yeah, this was a higher-quality game than I expected for free. The heist with Blaze and Rouge was really fun. And finally being vindicated for checking the trash cans. The writing was fun. The platforming got a little more challenging than I was expecting for a text-adventure. This was really good.

As for how "canon" it is...I don't know if Sage being around is really going to make sense, depending on Frontiers DLC or a sequel. And they make a couple references to Frontiers during the game, so it SHOULD take place AFTER that. So...*shrug* Who knows. Her little cameo at the end was cute, though.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Darn! Would that I didn't get spoiled reading the wiki on the culprit. I actually thought the trailer was an April Fool's joke for a fake game so I check to see that it was an ACTUAL game, wow.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
OVA first but when Sega's used it, it's always been slightly altered to not be exactly the same.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Now this is interesting. The synopsis is Knuckles is training Wade. I was wondering how a TV budget was going to handle multiple CGI characters and simply not using a ton explains that. Maddie explicitly returns but so far Tom hasn't been mentioned in the casting. While a bit of a surprise, some interesting things could come out of this.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So the teaser wasn't an early April Fool's prank. I have all kinds of feelings.

Let's have a watch party.

Top Bottom