SDCC 2023 Transformers panels: Generations, Earthspark

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel like a Core Class Ultra Magnus would techically be a small Deluxe. Unless you want a white Core Prime.

Shadewing

Citizen
Core white Prime and armor. I don't care what price it has to be. That Core Prime and trailer set has made me a believer.

Thinking on it, I think they could get away with basically remaking the original toy. Prime has ports in the headlights for his axe, which could plug him into the Trailer, Have the top flips around to form arms, probabt have the Magnus head flip out some how, just need to figure out how to make the legs not bricks.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If I would have knows the staying power of the Legend class figures back when they first came out, I would have probably focused my entire collection towards that size class. Would have solved my space issues.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same, I think. It's always been my favorite size. But the problem is that it never ends up going very far before reinventing itself. This talk of an Ultra Magnus is just talk. There's not even a rumor. I'm hoping the Prime + trailer set is the start of something, but it could be a one off. For all we know Core might devolve to nothing but Seekers and Minibots like the prior Generations Legends. Core sure seems to have higher ambitions but we just don't know if it'll last.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I might be tempted if it was just Prime, Roller and his trailer for even like, $25 - $30. But $40+ and I've got to deal with that turd (sorry if you like him) of a Bumblebee figure? Nah, b.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I'm still hoping there's an alternate Bumper/Bumblejumper head thrown in the set unannounced. The mold was obviously not intended to be just used for Bumblebee.

That said, the whole functional trailer is worth it, imo. Been wanting this since we got a legends-scale Optimus.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks like one of the best G1 style trailers ever, without needing to be generous because it's small. In terms of fulfilling a checklist of features a trailer could possibly have, it's competing in the same space as Masterpiece efforts. I will gladly spend the $40.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yep, that's a nice-looking Magnus. It's the one that I wish they had done all along.

The Phazer

Citizen
Shattered Glass Sideswipe is the cancelled repaint of Armada Sideswipe into G2 Drench.

Dammit.

• That Galaxy Prime mold feels so cheap and bad but an official Nova is kinda tempting.
  • Kaskade and Javelin look nice, and they're really weird deep cuts. But the most weird thing is how Javelin is the Movie Arcee toy retooled. I thought we had always been told that they couldn't (or at least wouldn't as they have to pay Paramount a royalty) movie toys for anything else. Weird.
  • Can't help but feel Nacelle needed some new wing tooling but it's nice to finally complete the set. I kinda wish all three had been done as Earth jets at this point though.
  • Don't really care about Menasor in toy colours. I thought for a second they'd given Dead End clear windows which would have pissed me off, but I don't think that's the case on second look.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I think I heard it's against SDCC policy (though I could easily be wrong) to stream panels. Or at least it wasn't a case of Hasbro just randomly deciding not to stream it.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Ratchet Frenzy...er red tape guy UM!! Imma sucker for UMs will be bought PowerLinx Hot Shot lets gooo

Top Bottom