Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro Transformers Generations Toy Panel

Thursday, July 20
1:30pm - 2:30pm PT
Room 29CD

Let them come! The Transformers team of Ben (Hasbro marketing), Delaney (Hasbro marketing), and Evan (Hasbro design) take attendees through some all-new Transformers action figures: Studio Series: Rise of the Beasts, the first Studio Series Commander, and Generations Exclusive toy reveals. The team will also hold a Q&A to discuss all things Cybertronian. So, get ready for a panel that’s . . . more than meets the eye.

All A-Bot Transformers: EarthSpark

Thursday, July 20
5:30pm - 6:30pm PT
Room 24ABC

Prepare for more Autobots, more Decepticons, and more Terrans! From Paramount+, Hasbro’s Entertainment One, and Nickelodeon, Transformers: EarthSpark is an original animated series based on the iconic global franchise. Catch this exclusive panel and screening of never-before-seen content. Attendees will also be treated to a sneak peek of behind-the-scenes visuals from upcoming new episodes, including the special one-hour season finale slated to debut exclusively on Paramount+ later this summer. Plus don’t miss the chance to participate in a Transformers-themed trivia contest– study up and come prepared to win awesome franchise swag.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Attendees will also be treated to a sneak peek of behind-the-scenes visuals from upcoming new episodes, including the special one-hour season finale slated to debut exclusively on Paramount+ later this summer.
Oh, good. Confirmation that we won't have to wait until the Fall for the last batch of Season 1 to finally see release. At this point, best guess is probably some time in August.

EDIT: Just found the exact date. Will report this in the EarthSpark thread post haste!

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not that I don't think they could do a fantastic job of making an Ultra Magnus at Commander Class, but they already got me to double-dip since I bought the Siege version AND the Kingdom version (and Combiner Wars, too, so I guess it's a triple-dip.) Much like SS Ironhide, I can't see it being better enough to justify another purchase.

Shadewing

Citizen
Not that I don't think they could do a fantastic job of making an Ultra Magnus at Commander Class, but they already got me to double-dip since I bought the Siege version AND the Kingdom version (and Combiner Wars, too, so I guess it's a triple-dip.) Much like SS Ironhide, I can't see it being better enough to justify another purchase.

I'm predicting that this will be much closer to the Masterpeice version, especially since Cabnus was never in the show, and have an accurate Trailer rather then having the pseudo RID Magnus look.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, leaked listings from awhile back confirmed that this Studio Series Commander class toy is '86 Ultra Magnus.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm predicting that this will be much closer to the Masterpeice version, especially since Cabnus was never in the show, and have an accurate Trailer rather then having the pseudo RID Magnus look.

That's true, it'll probably transform straight from car-hauler to super robot with no "white Optimus" mode, which is absolutely fine for a SS figure. I'm sure it will look great and be able to fit several Autobot cars on the trailer. I'll have to skip this one, though.

(Unless he comes with Powered Buggy.)*

*(Not really, I still would skip it, but I'd regret it a lot more)

Shadewing

Citizen
That's true, it'll probably transform straight from car-hauler to super robot with no "white Optimus" mode, which is absolutely fine for a SS figure. I'm sure it will look great and be able to fit several Autobot cars on the trailer. I'll have to skip this one, though.

(Unless he comes with Powered Buggy.)*

*(Not really, I still would skip it, but I'd regret it a lot more)

I hadn't considered the possibility of Powered Buggy/Powerdrive being part of the set. On one hand its unlikely, but on the other it would be a nice bonus if he's as "simple" as I'm expecting.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I expect an inner robot. They had high hopes for Kingdom and weren't able to pull it off. I imagine this is their attempt to go back and do it right instead of giving up.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I doubt it will for no reason other than being a show-accuracy (or I guess movie-accuracy for the SS86 line) stickler.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I bet the bean counters would prefer a Ultra Magnus that can be reused for an Optimus Prime.

We still don't have a Studio Series 86 Optimus Prime.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Compromise: The new Ultra Magnus will have a white Prime inner robot, but the trailer will be engineered in some fancy way that allows the super robot mode to be formed without ever needing to separate the cab and trailer from each other.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Compromise: The new Ultra Magnus will have a white Prime inner robot, but the trailer will be engineered in some fancy way that allows the super robot mode to be formed without ever needing to separate the cab and trailer from each other.

Seems like that would be possible. The Masterpiece UM had all the super robot bits made out of the trailer, so a Commander Class could probably do the same. The cab could just stay a cab unless you wanted to transform it.

Top Bottom