Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My laptop bluescreens with a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error whenever I try to boot into Windows and trying to repair it doesn't fix it and then when I try bootrec /rebuildbcd in cmd it says that there's no Windows installs found.

I can't be arsed figuring this shit out right now tbh. I'm sure it's possible for me to repair it and, if it fails, I could just reinstall Windows or some shit but also I hate installing Windows, installing Windows sucks ass. Just like Windows sucks ass.

If I can't fix this shit, I don't think I lost any major data tbh. Like 99% of my files are either on my 2 TB storage SSD or my external 1 TB HDD, think at worst I'd have lost like my last few months worth of Sims 4 saves and CC. Which still sucks ass because I built a beautiful Cape Cod-style home in the game in late March/early April (my backup of my Sims 4 folder(s) is from JANUARY lol) and I'd have to redownload some anime but like is that even anything?

I'd probably be freaking out about this if I didn't dualboot and I haven't been using Linux Mint every day since the 16th. It's really just more of an annoyance thing than anything else.

Honestly Linux needs to take over.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kinda like SliTaz. It's a shame it gets so little development. It's Linux under the hood, but it does an unusually good job of not asking for a password. If it didn't have to be manually configured to have persistence (or at least had better documentation) it has the potential to be better at the "Linux for Windows refugees" thing than Mint.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I like how some Windows users seriously think you have to do everything in Linux via the terminal and yet I barely even use the damn terminal.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm sure some Linux users seriously think Windows users start every operation by hitting Win+R and typing something in the Run box. It's not how anyone normally does anything, but there's just no way to write point-and-click instructions when everyone's desktop looks different.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Yup! Of course like most sequels these days they didn't put a number on it. They just called it Zombieland Double Tap.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Is it one those direct to DVD sequels that came out years after that is crap or was it something that actually came out to theaters?

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
2ea.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Is it one those direct to DVD sequels that came out years after that is crap or was it something that actually came out to theaters?
It was one of those “moderate hits with a belayed sequel” things where the original film was successful, but the sequel probably hit a bit too far from the original.
But yeah, Zombieland Double Tap came out to theaters in 2019, ten years after the first. Outgrossed the first, but I recall it getting overshadowed by a bunch of other big movies that hit around the same time like Joker and IT Chapter 2.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I know for a fact I saw Zombieland back in the day but I don't recall where I saw it. Think it was when I was at my mom's and they rented it from Redbox or something.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Laptop reviews are such bull.
Especially when you are looking for reviews about “lesser configurations” than what gets sent to the media outlets.

Top Bottom