Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I always got a kick how they made it a plot point that Autobots can't fly, yet they fly all the time in multiple episodes.
Even as late as "The Rebirth". There was one really nonsensical moment during that three-parter when Spike says to the Autobots, "They can fly, and you guys can't." Yet, both Brainstorm and Highbrow, who were right there when he said that, could transform into flying vehicles.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
IMG20231121130822097.jpg

Blot

Citizen
The Dinobots still retained their robot mode flight ability even after that point. They were deemed an exception to the rule.

I want to say he did. At least once.

Not counting season 3, when anyone could fly when the plot called for it. Because season 3 just didn't care to keep consistent with that rule.
There's a few outliers among the Season 1/2 cast as well. As per their bios, Gears can launch himself into the air and Wheeljack also can fly, for example.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's the 80s for ya, never in their wildest dreams did they imagine 40+ years on from when they wrote the scripts, did they envision a network of information where people from all over the world break apart their work, the good, the bad and the ugly sides of it, as for them, it was likely just Tuesday 😁 and that's before Tuesday became a thing!!😁
I mean, I even noticed it when I was a kid.

I don't remember them not being able to fly being a big deal in Season 3, up until Return of Optimus Prime, when Galvatron very clearly calls it out. Up to that point, it was post-movie, they got Cybertron back and fixed that giant hole in the corner, the Decepticons were vanquished to Chaar, and I just figured the Autobots decided to upgrade.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And then after The Headmasters, all standard flight in robot mode just ceased in Masterforce and Victory, with only those with flying altmodes able to fly only in those modes, while God Ginrai could fly in robot mode only because of his upgrade and otherwise could not fly in any other mode.

I'm blanking on whether Victory Saber ever flew in his combined robot mode in any place that had gravity. I know he could fly in that form in space, but that doesn't count since there's no gravity.

While in Zone, some degree of standard flight in robot mode did return since the Nine Great Demon Generals could all fly in robot mode.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While in Zone, some degree of standard flight in robot mode did return since the Nine Great Demon Generals could all fly in robot mode.

That because they are the cons, its the Autobots who were said to be incapable of flight, during the early days of TF, thou pretty much from Beast Wars onwards, its become the normal standard for Autobots not flying along with the cons, for the most part!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, but it's not just that autobot don't fly, they also don't tend to take flying vehicle modes either. Literally allowing the war machines to always have a tactical advantage.

Top Bottom