Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
In 40 years you can make a lot of mistakes in life...

53712610319_2bc78dfa6d_o.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
TR was fantastic. Slugslinger, Triggerhappy, and Misfire were such cool-looking toys - and fun as hell to transform!

They were very successful updates, I thought, plus I love that they all shared sort of a base form but modified for each character; sort of like the Conehead trio, but more visually distinct.

Minor gripe: I do wish the Targetmaster characters in TR had come with their Targetmaster partners (the Japanese releases were largely out of my budget, with one exception), but Siege's Battlemasters did mostly rectify that issue, so it was a very minor gripe.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I really wish that I hadn't passed on the Siege Battlemasters. Those fantastic deluxes really would have benefited from their intended partners.

Haywire

Citizen
I really wish that I hadn't passed on the Siege Battlemasters. Those fantastic deluxes really would have benefited from their intended partners.
To be fair, distribution on that price point kind of sucked. At least locally, a lot of stores that had carried the Titanmasters and Prime Masters from TR and PotP dropped the Battlemaster price point when they did resets. If I remember correctly, I only found them in about a third of the Walmarts I regularly visited. BBTS and a specialty toy shop are the only reason I managed to get the whole set.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I remember looking at Firedrive when the line first came out. I can't remember what the price was, but I wasn't feeling the cost/benefit ratio and ended up skipping the vast majority. I came around a bit once Earthrise happened, but it was too late to backtrack at that point.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I managed to pair together Titans Return Triggerhappy with his Siege Battle Master partner, but there is a downside. The Battle Master has absolutely nowhere to go when Triggerhappy is in vehicle mode.

For the Legends release, Takara retooled Triggerhappy to have a port on his chest that the gun could plug into right above the jet's cockpit, but the Hasbro version that I have has no such port.

Haywire

Citizen
For the Legends release, Takara retooled Triggerhappy to have a port on his chest that the gun could plug into right above the jet's cockpit, but the Hasbro version that I have has no such port.

The Legends releases were pretty sweet, for sure, but I just couldn't swing the prices for all the Targetmasters. Got Legends Blurr because Blurr, and Legends Haywire w/Doublecross for obvious reasons, but the Decepticons were sadly just not in my budget. Still pretty happy with the TR/Siege Battlemaster combos I have, though!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I have the Takara verison my desk right now with his Target Master partner and he is a good figure, same can be said about TR Blurr, which I put on my G1 season 3 Autobot shelf, again Takara verison, because I favour the look of that figure over the Studio series one, its not that the Studio series figure is bad as such, but its just those arms, having the massive holes with the panels that hang off his arms, those could of easily been made to blend in with the arms better.

Top Bottom