Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
17036162509054207136970022286059.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Oh man, you could have angled his neck to point his head upward and align his fire breath piece with the bottom of the star to make it look like he's breathing fire that explodes into a fireworks-like pattern.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is! It started out life as a third party toy by Blue Box, more of a "works with leading brands" sort of deal, but the retooled version was actually used officially by Takara in their Beast Wars II toyline.
Yep, that's the one! I thought I recognized it.

Discovered it somewhat recently, and I'd love to get the BWII version.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

I saw them for sale in Japan when they came out and they shelf-warmed alongside the other "faux-KO" official BW2/Neo Merch (Tako Tank, Maximal blaster, The Niagara base, etc). I passed up on all of those, as they all looked a bit cheap and naff at the time.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

I only recently discovered the existence of Andro Base myself, after someone here posted a picture of one (Haywire maybe? don't recall), but my wife found one at a local garage sale and bought it figuring it for a Gobots base of some kind, which does check out as it really does look like the forbidden love-child of the Guardian Command Center and Thruster.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
20220619_000221.jpg

20220619_000208.jpg

An old photo, but we have 2 Thrusters, Trypticon, the Diarobo Gas Station base, 2 Command Centers, a Machine Robo Battle Base (Japan version), a Space Hawk, Andro Base, Omega Supreme, and Machine Robo Rescue Wing Liner. Wish I had gotten the other big MRR sets, and would love to find an Australian Battle Base and the BWII ship, but I can still put together a pretty fair TF city. (Need to set up a new one with Core Prime's Combat Deck added in, though)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 18398
View attachment 18399

An old photo, but we have 2 Thrusters, Trypticon, the Diarobo Gas Station base, 2 Command Centers, a Machine Robo Battle Base (Japan version), a Space Hawk, Andro Base, Omega Supreme, and Machine Robo Rescue Wing Liner. Wish I had gotten the other big MRR sets, and would love to find an Australian Battle Base and the BWII ship, but I can still put together a pretty fair TF city. (Need to set up a new one with Core Prime's Combat Deck added in, though)

Pretty sure that's the picture I'm remembering!

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
1703874553762.jpeg

Not a Christmas haul, but the whole of everything I got throughout 2023. It seems fitting that the year was bookended by those little goobers in front. I think they were definitely highlights for being such an upgrade over the last iterations we got in Siege.

I'm not liking the continued trend of the minibots being upsized like they have. Though at this point, it would probably be easier just to redo 'Bee and CJ to match everyone else. That said, I found Brawn to be an absolute delight, and is likely the favourite of what I got this year.

The Junkion deluxes were fun, though I would have traded Trashmaster, who isn't appealing to me, with a third deluxe (like a junkcopter, or something). Ah well.

The Tarn mold made for a fantastic action figure for the articulation and balance that it has. But...I wish I liked it more? Maybe the character no longer being a going concern in fiction has something to do with it.

Pointblank made me mad. One of the only characters I really wanted a modern update to, and we got something that just didn't pass muster. Shame there won't likely be a second go at it ever again.

Sludge and Dirge fall into the "buying for completionist's sake" category. They're fine, and they don't excite me at all, but they're absolutely necessary for completing their teams. Snarl was cool, though!

2024 is looking to be pretty light on the wants, which is fine, I suppose. I'm feeling like I'm getting priced out of the hobby as MSRPs go up, and the bang for the buck feeling continues to go down. I am glad that lots of folks are excited by the expansion into the other TF continuities. If budget wasn't a factor, I'd likely be right there with you!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It really does look more violet in person. I'm not sure why cameras have such a hard time capturing the true color.

Top Bottom