Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1o9Avy9.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Here is my haul from TFCon Orlando 2023:

OfQz48s.jpg

Mutant Beast Wars: Razor Claw

Commemorative Series: Ultra Magnus

OTFCC 2004: Alpha Spear, Omega Spear

Generation 2 Japanese reissues: Battle Convoy (Laser Optimus Prime), Laser Ultra Magnus

Henkei! Henkei!: Ghost Starscream

Kre-O: Kreon Warriors Knight Bumblebee (this one was gifted to me)

Combiner Wars: Silverbolt

Power of the Primes: Starscream

Unlicensed products: replica Super God Sword for Car Robots Brave Maximus (manufacturer unknown), Legacy Armada Megatron shoulder upgrade kit by SamMakesToys, custom Cyber Planet Key by TJOmega (free giveaway)

Post-convention purchase from Best Buy: Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital release of A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood starring Matthew Rhys and Tom Hanks
About that G1 Ultra Magnus, I bought it from Transformerland's booth. It was in a bin with other bagged G1 Ultra Magnus toys, and of all of them it was the least yellowed. Both they and myself had thought it was a vintage 1986 Ultra Magnus. I only discovered it was the Commemorative Series reissue when I opened it up after I got home (the cab and accessories were heavily wrapped up, so neither the shortened smokestacks nor the elongated missiles were visible inside the bag).

While I was a little miffed at first that it was the retooled Hasbro reissue instead of an original, it was the reissue that I had had stolen from me back in 2016, so I guess that makes this a more even replacement for that one.

But what did bother me even more, however, was something else I discovered upon opening it up. Six of the figure's cab stickers were put on the figure in all the wrong places. The two Autobot symbols that go on the cab figure's shoulders were instead on the back of the upper arms. The taillight stickers that go on the cab's toes were on the wrong feet, and were even placed vertically instead of horizontally! And worst of all, the two tiny yellow headlight stickers that go on the cab's front bumper were instead placed on the sides of each of the super robot's missile launchers. Like, what was this toy's previous owner thinking?!

And because of that, I had to, very carefully, peel off all six of those stickers and place them where they're supposed to go, needing to also use super glue to help two of them stick back on, no less. So after all that frustration, I finally got him back to proper form.

And with this Commemorative Series Ultra Magnus combined with the Henkei! Henkei! Cyclonus that I got back at BotCon earlier this year, that just leaves one last figure to replace from the ones I lost in 2016, but it's one that's kinda pricey on the aftermarket: Masterpiece Grimlock. I specifically had the first Hasbro Toys 'R' Us release with the trapezoidal-shaped box, but I don't want that one or any others colored like it. Instead, I now want the Takara MP-8X King Grimlock version that's colored like Marvel Grimlock. I know where one is still available for a not-terrible price, but it's still a big enough price that I'll have to wait on purchasing it until later (especially after doing two Transformers conventions in one year this year). So getting that last replacement figure is not a high priority at the moment.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
...maybe Brawn wound up accidentally joining a secret organization to police and monitor extraterrestrial activities on Cybertron, and his Sweetheart never got those flowers...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wasn't Seaspray's gf a mermaid?

At times. They had a magic pool that they could go into and reappear as whatever they wanted. They mostly used it to switch between mermaid and humanoid form, but at one point she turned into a Transformer.

Also, Rumble got tricked into turning himself into a tree.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So Skids Powerglide Seaspray and Brawn all had human GFs? Anyone im missing?

CJ & BB, thou one could question BB human, and lastly, Wheelie, at least on the Autobot side of things, the cons don't normally do anything with humans aside from attempt to kill them or take what they built!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Is it me or is the Masked Rider seemingly hunting, whatever the creature was called, while the con directs him on the best way to take it down and not do to much damage to the flesh so that he can get the fur scarf he wants?

Top Bottom