Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Skyquake just got released in Japan. I didn't know that his front jet fins can really be removed to make him look more like his original Prime version(?)

Skyquake fins.gif

I also noticed there's a fan mode to give him a closer look to his Prime look? It seems almost as if Hasbro had this in mind as an alternate transformation? All they had to do was switch the arms at the mushroom peg and remold them to fit underneath the aircraft mode in a reversed fashion?

Fan Mode.png

You can still transform it with the swapped arms, but you'll need to massage the arms and the legs to fit. However, then the gun can't attach to the centre of the undercarriage. Another possible way would be the (slightly harder) method of removing the fists via their mushroom pegs and swapping them.

The final method could be to remove the screw in each forearm and swap the fists (still attached to the grey mushroom pegs). However, the two halves of each forearm are pinned together (for no logical reason), so you will need to "swing" them apart and wiggle the fists in and out of their mounting holes, which might cause some stress marks on the thinner half of the insides of the forearm. This is what I ended up doing.

Hand Mod.jpg

I'm probably going to paint this side of the arm to match the other side (red/silver trim). The elbow bend isn't as deep as the regular assembly and there are gaps between his cockpit and the rest of his torso but it's a small price to pay for a more authentic Prime Sjyquake and it will help to differentiate him from the inevitable G1/2 Skyquake et al.

The next "mod" I did was to transform the cockpit "correctly". I needed to try a few times but eventually the landing gear did indeed "pop" into the negative space, allowing the cockpit to sit flush, also allowing the shoulders to be supported properly.

Next, I unscrewed the head and pried open the three parts of it and noticed why the eyes looked so "dead". It seems that either because/in spite of the weak light-piping, Hasbro painted a thin coat of red paint over the transparent orange eyes.

Hasbro applied red paint over the clear orange eyes.jpg

I then added metallic/clear red paint to the eyes, a custom mixed green and also boltgun metal parts of the head, before using some clear orange for the head "wings".
Prime Skyquake Head.jpg

Maybe these two are from the same wastes of Cybertron?
Green Seekers.png

Last edited:

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
For those of you who have him - fun fact; his baton clubs or whatever they are CAN be stored in robot mode on the back of his legs. The little tabs plug perfectly into the wider end of the little weird triangle holes on the back of his legs. Not sure if it was intended, but I love these happy accidents I always find on all these new generations molds.

46B1360F-A44B-4E5D-BA5D-5710FED98256.jpeg

Also great as roof-mounted blasters.

E7E2819B-FE57-4412-A3D4-676E6B47118A.jpeg

Shadewing

Citizen
Since add-on Kits are popular, I wonder if we'll see one that includes things like maybe shoulder wheels and like a peg in decepticon logo for his right arm, Not important things, but for those that would want either of them to look "more accurate"

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Since add-on Kits are popular, I wonder if we'll see one that includes things like maybe shoulder wheels and like a peg in decepticon logo for his right arm, Not important things, but for those that would want either of them to look "more accurate"
I would love that, but wouldn’t hold my breath on the plug-in logo (even though that would be the best thing ever). Since it’s a trademarked brand logo, I think for like DNA design to make a mold of it might result in legal issues. Somehow reprolabels gets away with it, but aside from Etsy, I don’t think it would be too commonplace from the add-on set manufacturers.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I would love that, but wouldn’t hold my breath on the plug-in logo (even though that would be the best thing ever). Since it’s a trademarked brand logo, I think for like DNA design to make a mold of it might result in legal issues. Somehow reprolabels gets away with it, but aside from Etsy, I don’t think it would be too commonplace from the add-on set manufacturers.
There are add-on sets with faction symbols for some 3P figures, such as this set.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
uegM24u.jpg

The Deluxe class re-dos aren't unwelcome, but I always liked how they executed these molds.

I recall that batch started with a spare Kickback after I got the Takara one, and realizing I already had a Chop Shop, sooooo...

(I'm not sue if that batch or the next batch came first.)

(Also, damn, should I still get around to a Venom?)

THIS batch started with me [1] missing out on a TFCC Zaptrap, and [2] having an extra POTP Skrapnel I bought for the card, which led to me making a Zaptrap. From there it was "okay, how hard would it be to make the other two?"

12H20am.jpg

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My haul from BotCon:

20230830_162819.jpg

20230830_163402.jpg

BotCon 2023 BeastBox exclusives: Dinoforce: Cauldron of Fire; attendee freebie Snarliehog

BotCon 2023 BeastDrive exclusives: Scales, Rodimouse (souvenirs); Velasa Raptor, Night Glider (attendee freebies)

BotCon 2023 other exclusives: Early-bird registration pin, BotCon Unlimited issue #2 (attendee freebie), Scott McNeil Beast Wars art print (attendee freebie, unsigned)

Beast Wars: McDonalds Happy Meal Transmetal Blackarachnia (loose), Beast Wars Universe guidebook (reprint)

Robots in Disguise (2001): Tow-Line (loose)

OTFCC 2003 Universe exclusives: Sideswipe (packaged), Sunstreaker (packaged)

BotCon 2005 exclusive: Descent into Evil (packaged)

Beast Wars Telemocha Series: Rhinox (packaged)

Henkei! Henkei!: Cyclonus w/ Nightstick (loose)

BotCon 2010 exclusive: Land Shark/Air Shark/Sea Shark Sharkticon 3-pack (packaged)

Campaign items: Vector Oracle (packaged), Mito Prime's Town Matrix (packaged)

Combiner Wars: Prowl (loose)

Adventure: Override (loose), Runabout (loose)

Earthrise: Soundbarrier ×11 (packaged)

And two more packaged items that were acquired during BotCon but not purchased from the dealer room:

Kingdom: Golden Disk Collection Puffer and Road Ranger (purchased from the Toys R Us at the American Dream mall where BotCon was held)

Rise of the Beasts: Yolopark AMK Series Optimus Primal model kit (won in a raffle at the Cyberverse Q&A panel)

Last edited:

Top Bottom