Police behaving badly

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
(don't make a Dominic Badguy joke, don't make a Dominic Badguy joke, don't make a Dominic Badguy joke)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, this is certainly a coffee stain...

Meanwhile, in the UK...

The difference between how the British system dealt with the incident above and how the US has (with similar incidents) might be worth a look at below.

British police officers aren't using their body cameras properly, it would seem.

"...
The most serious allegations include:

- Cases in seven forces where officers shared camera footage with colleagues or friends - either in person, via WhatsApp or on social media
- Images of a naked person being shared between officers on email and cameras used to covertly record conversations.
- Footage being lost, deleted or not marked as evidence, including video, filmed by Bedfordshire Police, of a vulnerable woman alleging she had been raped by an inspector - the force later blamed an "administrative error".
- Switching off cameras during incidents, for which some officers faced no sanctions - one force said an officer may have been "confused"..."

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Yep. Just like Nixon. Isn't "guilty until proven innocent" still the norm in Britain? Because it should go double for anyone in authority. Get accused of something, prove you didn't do it or you're convicted. Period. Trust has to be earned.

MrBlud

Citizen
If there is no punishment beyond “you shouldn’t do that” or a fine less than the offense itself.

People are going to keep doing what they shouldn’t.

I’d be fine with a three strikes rule for body cams. You get two “administrator” or “I didn’t understand how it works” errors; after that it’s immediate dismissal and placement on a do not hire list

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Sheesh.... She has a degree in law and thought THOSE were good arguments to defend her actions. She's an idiot and I kind of wonder HOW she ever ended up getting a job as a prosecutor in the first place.

Top Bottom