On Legacy Nacelle and fungus - a PSA for those who care.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
In one of their live streams, the Hasbro guys said that they created this Nacelle toy to complete a new trio of Nacelle, Red Wing, and Hotlink.
Yeah. They said they like Seekers in trios. Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge. Acid Storm, Nova Storm, Ion Storm. IIRC they internally consider G2 Ramjet, Cloudcover, and Sandstorm a trio. That just left Red Wing and Hotlink alone. So they threw Nacelle in there.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah. They said they like Seekers in trios. Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge. Acid Storm, Nova Storm, Ion Storm. IIRC they internally consider G2 Ramjet, Cloudcover, and Sandstorm a trio. That just left Red Wing and Hotlink alone. So they threw Nacelle in there.
Poor Sparkless Seeker, left out in the cold when he was even part of the same toyline as Hotlink.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Ok y’all. So I did a bit of an experiment with my Nacelle the last time I noticed the wingthings. I wiped down MOST of the underside of the wing with an alcohol wipe, save one or two spots that did not have the gunk on them. I figured if my theory is right about my Nacelle’s wings being covered with nascent mold spores (that are probably due to a facility or production line-wide contamination), then I should see some more growth in those two places in a few days/weeks. Was casually curious about it earlier today, so picked up my guy just now - sure enough, though teeny-tiny, there was one white web nexus thingus that grew in one of those spot. No where else on the wing however.

Seriously, if this wasn’t an animal then it wouldn’t grow like this. This had to come from a place/line that only manufacturers the wings or something.

Anyway, wipe the wings down with an alcohol wipe. Your Nacelle will thank you. And so will your living buddies with allergies.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Months later i rechecked a copy I cleaned that had mold growing on it month after being opened. It appears the substance had spread to a neighboring piece. Well im satisfied scientifically
it appears to be growing still. . Soap and warm water here we come.

Attachments

• 20240112_160200.jpg
    20240112_160200.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 48

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm sorry for everyone dealing with this, but on the sidelines this is so fascinating.

How is the cleaned plastic holding up? Any sign of damage or brittleness?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I suppose it's a good thing this happened to the Seeker mold that may be among the most easily disassembled. There are parts with rivets and such, but most of this seems like it'd be easy to break down cleanly and dip into a small tub of warm soapy water if need be.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
I'm sorry for everyone dealing with this, but on the sidelines this is so fascinating.

How is the cleaned plastic holding up? Any sign of damage or brittleness?
Alcohol wipes or Windex wipes work like a charm and it’s never come back. Alcohol CAN degrade paint and clear plastic parts though, so I wouldn’t recommended it be used on any painted or transCLEARANT parts, but Windex wipes can clean w/o messing up the paint or degrading anything.

Top Bottom