On Legacy Nacelle and fungus - a PSA for those who care.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's why I think we didn't get a proper Nacelle. It's not a matter of just putting the regular Seeker head on the Thrust body. You'd have to switch out the entire nosecone/cockpit section, which may be too much of a hassle mould-wise.
That's kind of overthinking it, since it's not a matter of swapping heads at all, but rather swapping wings. Put Thrust's wings on a non-conehead Seeker and you're good to go for an Earth mode Nacelle.

Besides, per the TFSS toy bio written by our very own Randy, pre-Earth Nacelle is supposed to look like the one on the far-right, as he looked in the cartoon's first episode before he got his upgrade with new colors.

More_than_meets_the_eye_seeker.jpg

Last edited:

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Besides, per the TFSS toy bio written by our very old Randy, pre-Earth Nacelle is supposed to look like the one on the far-right, as he looked in the cartoon's first episode before he got his upgrade with new colors.
The pre-Earth Legacy Nacelle references the IDW2 continuity, where he was done up in his later colours but with the Siege Seeker body.

WeAreNotMeantToBeDarkness-Me.jpg

That's kind of overthinking it, since it's not a matter of swapping heads at all, but rather swapping wings. Put Thrust's wings on a non-conehead Seeker and you're good to go for an Earth mode Nacelle.
That's a good point, but it's not just Thurst's wings. It's also his tail fins. And doing that would still require mixing and matching parts from two different Seeker moulds. I wouldn't think it's a problem given some of the other stuff they've done but maybe there's something involved in the process that makes that untenable in this case?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The pre-Earth Legacy Nacelle references the IDW2 continuity, where he was done up in his later colours but with the Siege Seeker body.
I know that and you know that, but most are gonna look at this toy and think of the TFSS toy, and lament the use of the Siege mold over a wing-swapped Earthrise mold.

(And my intention of the spoilered bit was to point out Randy's original intention for the character as alluded to in his TFSS bio, an intention that most don't know about.)

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I know that and you know that, but most are gonna look at this toy and think of the TFSS toy, and lament the use of the Siege mold over a wing-swapped Earthrise mold.

(And my intention of the spoilered bit was to point out Randy's original intention for the character as alluded to in his TFSS bio, an intention that most don't know about.)
Oh I agree on all counts. Randy is pretty awesome.

As for Nacelle...
Yeah I agree. To me the whole thing that makes him special is that he's got the standard Seeker head but Thrust's wings. That's why Nacelle's cool. Just making him a Siege repaint robs him of what makes him interesting.

I just don't think we're getting one from the ER Seeker mould(s). I don't know what could be stopping them, they've played mix and match with various moulds before. I just get the sense that the Siege mould decision was a total punt from them because for whatever reason the version we all wanted would have been a hassle.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I'm tired of Nacelle being lonely. I want a proper set of the whole trio.
Hasbro did eventually remember the members of the cloud-seeding team that weren't Acid Storm. So it may yet happen.

(Although I will always remember the comic panel where Acid Storm was teamed up with Overkill and Drag Strip, possibly as a homage to how Furman would seemingly-at-random toss characters together....)

Echowarrior

Citizen
(Although I will always remember the comic panel where Acid Storm was teamed up with Overkill and Drag Strip, possibly as a homage to how Furman would seemingly-at-random toss characters together....)

They're hardly a random assortment. Didn't Overkill and Drag Strip get toys out around the same time as Acid Storm's first toy?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
They're hardly a random assortment. Didn't Overkill and Drag Strip get toys out around the same time as Acid Storm's first toy?
Same year, yes (2008), but different months. Acid Storm was released in July, while those Special Edition figures first came out in December.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Same year, yes (2008), but different months. Acid Storm was released in July, while those Special Edition figures first came out in December.
Okay, but isn't it a possibility that the comic artist might've been clued in on those releases being on the horizon?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Okay, but isn't it a possibility that the comic artist might've been clued in on those releases being on the horizon?
Which comic was this?

EDIT: I found it. It was the prologue comic for the TCC Classics prose story "At Fights End". With that story being a Classics story, nearly everyone who appeared in that story was specifically in their Classics/Universe toy bodies.

So it wasn't just those three, but everyone who appeared in that story.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In one of their live streams, the Hasbro guys said that they created this Nacelle toy to complete a new trio of Nacelle, Red Wing, and Hotlink.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, it sounds cool in principle, but looking at the photo I kind of feel like the one that became Nacelle was "the interesting one" and it'd all be downhill from here.

There are no words in the English language for how little that would bother me. This is a pure 'for the sake of it' thing.

Top Bottom