Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hopefully this is giving Xi some second thoughts about his own ambitions. WW3 may be a lot shorter than predicted.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Turns out being a nuclear superpower doesn't count for squat when you're stuck relying on conventional weapons.

Personally I'd be on board with keeping the sanctions against Russia indefinitely even if they surrender, just on principle. You don't get to do something like this without long-term consequences.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Biden says he wont sent military in to extract American civilians because that would be the start of a world war. But like... maybe I'm just kinda being dumb here but if you got a 'legitimate' foreign power invading an area and shooting civilians of your country... seems like that should be the start of war too.

Also supposedly a poll says that 62% of americans think that this war never would have happened under Trump which is just.. what?

Last edited:

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Of course this war would never have happened under Trump.
Remember, his first impeachment was because he was withholding military aid to Ukraine.

Nevermore

Citizen
Just putting this here:
FCK PTN.jpg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Remember that part of Trump's first impeachment was over witholding military aid from Ukraine in the first place. If anything, the war happened BECAUSE of Trump. Because he's Putin's puppet.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
IF there's an actual intent to negotiate (cause, yeah, putin was stalling (funny story, I could not stop writing "stalin".) in the last round): he's probably going to make absurd demands leaving zelensky looking like he wants to continue fighting. Putin is probably going to walk away with the eastern provinces regardless.

LiamA

Citizen
This is actually pretty big. Germany had been holding up weapons to Ukraine from other countries. Not only have they started to allow those, they're promising their own.

Link

It ain't a world war until Germany gets involved against Russia.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
If Trump had won, He would have just let Russia take Ukraine and blame NATO for failing, all the while praising Putin. He abandoned the Kurds, why should the Ukraine be any different.

Nevermore

Citizen
Is this what adults during the Cold War were feeling like?

Or rather not, since they didn't have the internet yet.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Last time I had this sort of dread was during the Nato intervention in Serbia back in 1999, when Yeltsin was ranting similar threats.

Top Bottom