Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah as much as my heart goes out to the people of Ukraine we can't have a shooting war with Russia. Which would quickly spiral to a shooting war with China. And that's how you get World War 3. For now all we can do is funnel them money and arms to fight Russia themselves.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Also, it's not a good idea to get into a shooting war with anyone, in general. The US military hasn't been a force for good in the world since before my parents were born; I don't see them turning it around on a dime.

That said, the more it's looking like Ukraine has a chance to grind Russia into dust and cause Putin to be overthrown, the more I want them to be given whatever resources they'll need to make that happen. Never mind the relief efforts; how do I donate directly into their war chest? I'm only half-joking here.

How is this going both so badly and so amazingly for russia? Hell: the inherent distrust and hate for the russian government (if this goes on too much longer.) might end in another revolution.

Hope the russian people finally free themselves from putin in the short term and despots and tyrants in the long.
Imagine botching an invasion so badly that the enemy imposes a regime change on you. (Hey did you know Yakov Smirnoff is Ukrainian?)

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
That said, the more it's looking like Ukraine has a chance to grind Russia into dust and cause Putin to be overthrown, the more I want them to be given whatever resources they'll need to make that happen. Never mind the relief efforts; how do I donate directly into their war chest? I'm only half-joking here.
UPDATE: OK or I could just go there myself and enlist, apparently. :confused:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Well... I like pirogies, and it would be a truly epic road trip...

That said: this is literally asking for bad actors to flock to this and **** things up.

Paladin

Citizen
so another side effect of this debacle:

Major crypto provider is refusing to shut down Russian accounts- the wording basically admits that their primary purpose is money laundering.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
so another side effect of this debacle:

Major crypto provider is refusing to shut down Russian accounts- the wording basically admits that their primary purpose is money laundering.
I'm of two minds about this. You could technically also claim that money laundering is the primary purpose of cash, and use that as an argument to do away with it in favor of only being able to spend money through means that governments can interfere with and/or spy on. "If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide," right? Not to mention the wording admits no such thing; they're specifically claiming this would hurt innocent people including those who are sympathetic to Ukraine.

But on the other hand, I doubt that's true because I doubt any "innocent people" own any crypto in the first place. In fact, I'd argue that participating in the whole crypto thing makes you not an innocent person anymore by definition. And as such, I am always in favor of hurting them as much as possible, irrespective of their loyalties in this or any other war.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Russian Ruble's in the toilet, their stock market's been shuttered, yeah Putin really made the right call pulling the trigger on this invasion.

Ironbite-HOW DID BIDEN GET SWIZTERLAND IN ON THIS!?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah blow up that convoy and wait for which major US city gets nuked. No thanks. We can't do that Richard.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah blow up that convoy and wait for which major US city gets nuked. No thanks. We can't do that Richard.
Never happen. Putin even vaguely gesturing toward the nukes is only part of the psychological warfare suite which is failing to work. He can't nuke ukraine without poisoning russia itself (environmentally AND politically.), and because it fails basic premise: putin WANTS ukraine. And putin can't nuke anyone else without dragging russia into a war they cannot win, and will likely lose inside an hour (once the other world powers deploy.) given how quickly their economy and war machine are already failing.

Putin is this for legacy: he wants to be written into the history books as the man that restored russia to the level of the soviet union, a world power. He launches a nuke and before his bird even lands (if it even lands. Missile defence is still a thing.), russia stops writing history. Propaganda and empty threats are all they have left in their conventional arsenal.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
If our predictions that Trump was unhinged enough to nuke someone were overblown, nobody is.

Top Bottom