Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kinda want some sort of multiverse TMNT. Like, not like Turtles Forever and the like, exactly, but take one Turtle from each iteration to form a team that goes on some bizarre multiverse adventures.

Like, the roster I would make:

Rise Don
4Kids Leo
Fred Wolf Mike
2012 Raph

And for funsies, get OG movie Casey and Adventures April in there.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Anyone up for a 3rd party Leatherhead?

Pre-order up at BBTS if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Leatherhead.jpg
    Leatherhead.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 59

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen
take one Turtle from each iteration to form a team that goes on some bizarre multiverse adventures.

You've really got me struggling to nail down my ideal multiverse Turtles team. I have favourites, but it's really hard to make a balanced team from different iterations.

The biggest trouble is, unless a series goes out of it's way to highlight a Turtle in solo adventures, I tend to focus more on how any two brothers interact with each other.

2K3 Leonardo is an easy choice, he was the most interesting Leo to me and had a lot of solo development.

Donatello is so tough for me to pin down, because I generally always like Donnie.
I love hearing Rob Paulsen voicing Donatello, so I think that gives Nickelodeon Donatello an edge.
Maybe I should go with Mirage comics Donatello, since that one went on an interdimensional trip with Jack Kirby one time (although so did 2K3 Donnie, and so did a version of Fred Wolf Donnie in a storybook. Agh!)
Can I ask what made Rise Donatello so memorable, in your opinion?

Michelangelo is such a fine line to walk as a character. He can be a goof-off, but he's naturally the most athletically gifted of the Turtles, so he is more than capable of keeping up with the others. He can be easily distracted, but that doesn't make him "the dumb one," he sees what the others don't.
I once said to Greg Cipes, the voice of Mikey in the Nickelodeon TMNT show, "Mikey is very clever, but his brothers don't really realise it because he vibrates on a higher frequency than they do."
Mikey's ability to adapt to and tame his surroundings in Dimension X (see 2012 series season 2 episode 24 Into Dimension X) perfectly showcases how Mikey can be unconventionally brilliant.

Nickelodeon Raphael is great (especially playing off Nickelodeon Donatello), but whenever I think of Turtles going on wild adventures I only ever imagine Raph in his all black wrestling costume, so, just for the visual, I'm gonna go with Archie Adventures Raphael.

I'm really fond of 2K3 April because she has the scientific background of being Stockman's assistant, she has experience dimension hopping with the Turtles and she eventually learns fighting skills to round out her skillset.
Also, this April has been shown to be able to pilot a helicopter, and that's awesome!

1990 movie Casey is the easiest choice from this whole list. He's just the perfect distillation of the character, so why would you settle for anything less?

~L~

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Can I ask what made Rise Donatello so memorable, in your opinion?
I'm not sure how to put it into words... I guess I just like how big his personality seems there?

Like, he still does machines and all, but he doesn't feel like he gets sort of drowned out among the personalities of his brothers as much, maybe?

If nothing else, just the voice acting and delivery on that personality seals it. And gadgets just seem much more ingrained into his whole deal, right down to his shell.

spikeriley

Citizen
Whoa, so basically, the arcade games will be no longer restricted to the Arcade1Up unit for a while (as this will possibly be sellable until Konami's contract with Viacom expires).

Hopefully, this is on other consoles (although that will happen since I don't see Sony involved with this like with Castlevania: Requiem).

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I fully expect this to be cross platform. The question is if the Switch will get a physical release...

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'm guessing it'll be digital only. Even all together I think the data on this wouldn't be too extensive even with online multiplayer that it's not especially cost worthy to put it on physical. Lord knows I'd prefer it to be so it doesn't go artificially away later like it's bound to when contracts expire or later hardware comes out.

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
With any luck, Limited Run Games will be able to put out a physical release after a year or so like they did with the Castlevania and Doom collections. I won't even mind the double dipping for this! (Well, I mean, yes I will, but I'll do it)

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Hell yeah! The only thing that could make this even better was of we could get the 4 player action and graphics of the Turtles in Time arcade but with the new stages and bosses from the SNES version.

Put it in my veins!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All platforms, digital and physical (No specification of who, so probably self-published), and I think about $40?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
This is awesome. I'll definitely nab it. But...well...now it feels like all that money I spent on e-bay was rather pointless.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I kinda want some sort of multiverse TMNT. Like, not like Turtles Forever and the like, exactly, but take one Turtle from each iteration to form a team that goes on some bizarre multiverse adventures.

Like, the roster I would make:

Rise Don
4Kids Leo
Fred Wolf Mike
2012 Raph

And for funsies, get OG movie Casey and Adventures April in there.
If going with Rise, 4 Kids, Fred Wolf and 2012 for the turtles, I would go with :

Rise Don. The absolute BEST of the Donnie's. He has the strongest personality and will not take any guff from his bros. Not a pushover, not a wallflower (best dancer too, haha). His tech is also the slickest among other Donnie's.

2012 Mikey. Savant in Dimension X, yes. All the Mikey's are actually pretty fun. Fox Kids Mikey would be second.

Fox Kids Leo. Probably the most serious and heroic of the Leo's. He did great at the Ninja Tribunal. 2012 Leo after.

Fred Wolf Raph. I dislike angry Raph the most so the snarky Raph is the most harmless for me. Rise Raph is next.

---
Wow, that 3rd party Leatherhead is amazing! Who else is in that line? Leatherhead has always been a favorite, cuz of the comic strips (for real, the comic strips). Very cool how kinda iconic the Bayou version of him is, even if that version was only in ... two eps?

Caldwin

Citizen
I'll get a chance to play TMNT3 (NES), it was never released in the UK.
I got it from E-Bay recently (along with TMNT1 for NES and a Genesis just so I could get Hyperstone Heist). It's really good.

Maybe don't play II and III back to back though. III had some real slowdown issues when there was a lot going on (which hopefully shouldn't be a problem on a more powerful system). But on the whole, the movement is quite a bit faster than II. So whenever I go back to II immediately after playing III, it feels like it's dragging.

I may double dip for this, physical for PS4 and digital for Switch.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If they're emulating the game (which is a strong possibility.) then it'll have all the same slow downs in all the same spots regardless of the hardware it's running on. That's just emulation, baby!

Caldwin

Citizen
I can deal with that. Point still stands, playing II right after playing III can be a bit irritating.

I'm actually pretty excited to try the different Tournament Fighters. I have the SNES one, but I know the Genesis and NES versions are vastly different. Gameboy games should be interesting too.

And personally, yeah, the first NES game is unfairly difficult in a lot of places. I have gotten past the damn Dam level several times. But it's not fun and I usually just quit before that.

But up to that point is actually pretty fun and I honestly think this game is underrated. With a new audience getting access to it, I can't wait to see what people think of it.

Top Bottom