Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well pretty much. The Power Rangers side could fit anywhere post Tommy and Pre Zedd. But the Turtles are heavily influenced by the original cartoon as far as character choices. However Shredder feels more 2003 Ch’rell in attitude.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
They should have done the Shredder War. Would have been great for mystic Shredder to fight Utrom Shredder and Digital Shredder to try and be his own person.

But the wedding was great. Cool for Justice Force to appear.

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
2 minutes in, he compares the reaction to the Bay Turtles movies and the early Sonic trailer, and says "people didn't used to complain as much back then". And I just know the more he keeps talking, the older I'm going to feel.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Apparently, they're going to release a series of TMNT movies based on the villains via Paramount+ in 2023.

They don't really tell us WHICH villains, though. Shredder's definitely a lock. Probably Krang, too. I think everyone else is negotiable. It'd be nice to see Slash again.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
DRA! GON! LORD! DRA! GON! LORD!

Seriously, he needs a reboot in the worst way. Such a cool concept, executed like a total joke.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Been alot of TMNT related news recently.

- Concept art for Rogan's TMNT movie has surfaced, looks intriguing.

- Playmates has anounced a Last Ronin figure. Its 4.5" tall but doesn't seem to match the style of older toys. Its more poseable than usual. Also theres a "Black/White comic" version

-Not to be outdone, NECA teased their own Last Ronin figure, seemingly in the style of their Universal Monsters x TMNT figures.

Attachments

• vrc4r6rasai81.png
    vrc4r6rasai81.png
    517 KB · Views: 71
  • 7iq3j73sv3i81.jpg
    7iq3j73sv3i81.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 70

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I'm so glad they're doing open preorders before these end up at retail. If only they'd do that with some of the older ones. Id love to get my hands on Toon Shredder.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Laird, maybe, but iirc, Eastman was kinda fond of her.

Doesn't matter, though, because Laird forfeit that right when he sold it all to Nickelodeon.

spikeriley

Citizen
That is true. And it seems this version could be interesting, as seeing the images of the new Venus, she looks like her origins could be in the vein of Frankenstein's Monster (as her shell looks mechanical and she has stitches on her face), so maybe this comic will actually make her interesting and less like the Venus in The Next Mutation (who gets sayings wrong due to being from China as a lame attempt by the show to be more humorous).

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen
I have a suspicion IDW Venus is a punk frog who undergoes surgery to become a mutant turtle.

You can see one of her hands is still a frog hand.

The real question is whether this surgery is voluntary or not. My best guess is that it is voluntary, that Venus' transition from frog to turtle is a thinly veiled transgender analogue.

If Venus is made into a turtle against her wishes, on the other hand, we could be looking at a TMNT version of Tusk.

~L~

Top Bottom