Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Deathy G1

Citizen
So apparently they have rereleased the mutating Rocksteady and Bebop figures. Does anyone know if the ship has already sailed on them, or are they too new to have hit saturation yet? Target.com is out of stock.

Also it looks like they wasted an opportunity to fix Bebop’s figure…

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Hadn’t even heard through my TMNT channels that they had been available. I’d wager Target has them up as placeholder pages once they become available. Playmates is just dumping old figures more and more now.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This IS just a Bleeding Cool rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, but they've been right before.

It sounds like Jason Aaron will be taking over the TMNT comic!

That's actually a fairly high-profile get for IDW. He's done memorable runs for The Mighty Thor, Avengers, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine and the X-Men. This could be the start of a very good run! If it's true. I'm hoping that it's true.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_2881.jpeg

Mutating Rocksteady and Bebop? Eh...haven't seen them yet 🤥

IMG_2882.jpeg

Rocksteady's lunchbox is supposed to turn into a gun. You take the thermos and stick it into the other side to make a gun barrel. But there's a lip that makes it too tight, so I didn't try it.

IMG_2884.jpeg

*sigh*

Look, I don't want to start any shit here. But if I'm going to call out April's white-to-black race swap, I'm darn well going to do it both ways and call out Bebop's black-to-white race swap. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to the box when I got it, because this really do ruin the toy for me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
*sigh*

Look, I don't want to start any shit here. But if I'm going to call out April's white-to-black race swap, I'm darn well going to do it both ways and call out Bebop's black-to-white race swap. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to the box when I got it, because this really do ruin the toy for me.
Oof, someone on the production side sure wasn't paying attention.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Let me paint you a picture.

Day 1
Me 1: Oh! They have the Wingnut reissue! Let's get it.

Me 2: We already have the NECA version that's bigger and better.

Me 1: But I want it.

Me 2: NO!

Day 2

Day 3

Day ???

Me 2: FINE! Just stop pester me about it! Yeesh!

So anywaaay!

IMG_2402.jpeg

In package

IMG_2403.jpeg

Out of package

IMG_2404.jpeg

NECA comparison

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, when he started blaming the choices on "diversity hires," that's when I was pretty much done.

Oh no! Turtles with bandanas that cover their heads?! That's never been done before! Why, this can only be the fault of that dastardly Ri--

1707901331178.jpeg

...oh. Never mind.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Mind giving the TLDW? I suddenly have a desire to not give them more clicks.
Up until he got to Rise and Mutant Mayhem, he was making an interesting point about how casuals and commonfolk tended to have trouble telling each of the Turtles apart due to their very similar designs. Since the Mirage comics gave them all red bandanas (in the colored artwork, that is), one could only tell which was which by their weapons, but there were times where they switched or borrowed each other's weapons, so that didn't help. When the 1980s cartoon gave them each different colored bandanas, that was helpful in theory, but the masses still had trouble remembering who was who, providing an example with a clip from an old Full House episode (which aired contemporarily to the 80s cartoon) wherein a little boy who was the target age of the cartoon was dressed in purple-bandana'd Donatello pajamas but said "I am Raphael of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" He then pointed out how the toys and 2003 series tried to further distinguish the Turtles' looks by giving them different shades of green, only for the 2012 series reverse that by giving the Turtles their most unified, same-y design yet.

Then he gets to Rise and we see what the true purpose of this video was: anti-woke whining. What started as a seemingly compelling point with rational legitimacy devolved into whining about how marketing has ruined the characters by making them all look completely distinct from each other in Rise, as if to say that making Raph huge and the other three skinny was all because of diversity. He mentions April being made Black once, but whines more directly about Raph having a durag mask now instead of a normal eye mask (which, as LBD "Nytetrayn" just pointed out above, is something the Turtles have had before, but if someone were to bring that up to this guy, he'd probably write that show off as another "woke" series based on the sole inclusion of Venus, but I digress since The Next Mutation wasn't included in this video).

I, admittedly, shared this video here before I finished watching it, because the first half seemed legit and interesting. Little did I know it was leading to trap in the end.

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
So you're saying he spent half the video calling something a problem, then the other half complaining that the same problem was solved?

Also, while the 2012 series unified the Turtle's colors, it did make their shapes more distinct than they'd been before (though not to the degree that Rise did).

Deathy G1

Citizen
I’ve found Mutating Rocksteady and Bebop twice now, but only one of each both times along with several Turtles. Either these ship in a case of 2 or they are shipping with a refresh of some of the other figures. Either way, they could end up being hard to find.

Also, what a wasted opportunity to color-correct Bebop’s human form.

IMG_3677.jpeg

Not mentioning Grayskull Donnie here as apparently that discussion belongs in the MOTU thread.

Blot

Citizen
Let me paint you a picture.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day ???

Me 2: FINE! Just stop pester me about it! Yeesh!

So anywaaay!

View attachment 19091

In package

View attachment 19092

Out of package

View attachment 19093

NECA comparison
And just wait until they make an Archie Comics version!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
GameMill, in conjunction with Raw Thrills and Cradle Games, will be releasing a port of the 2017 TMNT Wrath of the Mutants arcade brawler. Due April 23 on pretty much all current consoles and PC

Caldwin

Citizen
I've never seen that before, but it looks freaking awesome. I'm definitely gonna have to look into that.

Top Bottom